Chapter 9: Phone Call

The car ride was long but, I had made it alive. Once I waved to Angela and Jessica, I watched the car disappear. I heaved in a sigh as I walked through the front door. "Bella? Alyssa?" I heard Charlie ask from the living room. "It's just me, Charlie." I said as I walked into the living room. Charlie was watching a baseball game. "Where's Bella?" Charlie asked concerned. "She's still with Jessica and Angela. I had a friend drop me off." I said trying my best to make this believable. "Oh, okay. Who?" "Uh," I said the first thing that came to mind, "Embry Call." Charlie nodded his head slowly but I could tell he was thinking hard. "What were you doing with Embry weren't you supposed to be shopping with the girls?" Charlie questioned curiously. I sighed. "Well, Bella and I got into a fight and so I had Embry come and get me. Now, may I raid the fridge before I die of starvation?" I said. Charlie chuckled and told me to go right ahead but, he also said that he wanted to talk about the fight me and Bells had. I guess more tears will be shed.

After I had grabbed my snack I sat down on the couch and began to tell Charlie what happened. He nodded his and said he would talk to Bella when she got home. Bella had gotten home 10 minutes after I did. So seeing as Charlie was going to talk to her I was going to go to my room. "Night Charlie. Night Bella." I said waving to them goodnight. Part of me didn't want to wish my sister goodnight but, I had to otherwise she would've won. "Night kiddo." Said Charlie. I smiled and then headed to my room. As soon as I plopped down on my bed I reached for my phone and decided to call Embry back. The phone rang a few times before he finally picked up. "Hey Lyssa!" Embry said enthusiastically. "What's up?" He asked me. "The sky!" I joked letting out a laugh. Embry let out one too that made me smile even though he couldn't see it. "Classic Lyssa. So what made you hang up earlier?" "Well, my sister and I . . . well, we got into an argument. But, let's not talk about it. I mean I'm still pretty mad at her but, I'm going to have to forgive her someday." I said sitting up on my bed.

Embry and I talked for what felt like forever and when I finally looked at the clock after I hung up, I couldn't believe it was almost 1:00 in the morning. So I immediately changed into some pajamas and went to bed. I swear as my eyes closed I thought I saw Alec standing outside my window his face held an emotion I couldn't quite figure out.