Chapter 1

Jonathan's POV

Music. I love music and i listen to it quite a lot and that's exactly what I'm doing right now. I'm just lounging around in my room, listening to music on my earphones and scrolling through instagram. The song that's currently on is Get Free by Major Lazer and Amber Coffman. And of course it's on full blast, as usual.

My room isn't anything exciting. It has grey walls, a queen size bed with navy linen and duvet, a walk-in closet, a bathroom and a tv. The tv is on the wall that's opposite the bed. The wall next to the bed has a bay window, with a comfortable window bench with cushions, that overlooks the expansive backyard. The backyard has a large swimming pool, a tennis court and an entertainment area when we have parties or guests.

Suddenly, I feel a light tap on my shoulder which instantly makes me look up and I'm met with the smiling face of my papa (Blake). I turned off my music and disconnected my earphones from my phone.

"What have I told you about listening to music on full blast Jon?". He questions with a playful look in his face and his hand on his hips.

"Uhhhhhhh", I reply sheepishly while offering him a wide grin.

He chuckles lightly and says, "Come downstairs and meet the new neighbours. They are so lovely.". He says excitedly.

"Okay". I say and we walk out of my room together.

We walk down the staircase and into the living room. The living room has white walls, a large maroon L-shaped couch, with white cushions and a coffee table in front of it. There's also a maroon love seat that's next to the couch and facing the shorter length of the couch. There's a massive mounted tv, on wall that's opposite the couches, with a fireplace below it. One wall is a large wall to ceiling sliding door, that's currently closed, with the curtains open so you can look out into the backyard. There are also sculptures and other artwork here and there that make the room come together.

When we walk in, I immediately see a girl, that's around my age, sitting timidly on the couch beside who I assume are her parents. She is incredibly beautiful.

"Oh, here he is". I hear my dad (Adam) say to the family. "Jon, this is Quinton Reeds, his wife, Janet Reeds and their daughter Riley. They are the new neighbours. They are living across us at the house the Jones' used to stay in before they moved."

They stand up as I approach them in order to greet me.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. Welcome to the neighbourhood.". I say with a genuine smile as I shake all of their hands.

As I shake Riley's I take in her appearance. She has heart shaped face with dark brown eyes, a button nose that sat well on her face and red, plump lips. Red, plump and totally kissable lips; my subconsious adds. Not gonna argue with that fact.

She's medium height with curves in all the right places. She's in the plussize side and the weight looks good on her. She's wearing a blue pair of jeans with a black sweater with 'Good Girls Only' written in white and Timberland sneakers. The simple outfit suits her just as her mocha complexion. She is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.

Oh gosh, I forgot to tell you what I look like. I have forest green eyes, a roman shaped nose and red lips. I'm muscular, but not too much, and tall.

I see Riley blushing after I release her soft, small hand from my larger one. The Reeds' sit back down and I sit beside my dads on the part of the couch they were sitting on.

"Instead of boring you too with our conversation, why don't you give Riley a tour of the house Alex? And if you like, you guys can hang out in the living room upstairs. I'll bring you up some snacks. That's if you don't mind Mr and Mrs Reed". Papa said with a smile.

"It's no problem at all. And please, call us Quinton and Janet. We're not that old so as to be called Mr and Mrs Reed". Quinton said with with a smile of his own.

He looked to be in his mid-forties with a bald head, chocolate complexion, tall stature and looks like he works out. Janet looked to be around the same age as her husband but she's shorter, a bit on the plussize side but she carries it well, just like her daughter. She's just as beautiful as Riley with the same complexion and has shoulder length black curly hair, unlike her daughter's hair that's short and in a haircut that suit her.

My dads chuckled at Quinton's comment while Riley and I just smiled, although hers was more shy than mine.

"Come Riley, let's go.". I say with a smile as I stand up from the couch

She stands up and walks beside me.

"Okay, let's start down here." There's a small hallway across the living room entrance. On the door on the left is the downstairs bathroom, the door on the left is dad's mancave and the door at the end of the hallway is the home theater/cinema.

When you turn left from the hallway, is a long foyer that leads to the front door. On the left, before you reach the front door is the entrance to the large kitchen with granite counter tops, white walls and state-of-the-art kitchen appliances.

Almost opposite the kitchen entrance is the grand staircase that leads upstairs. We go up the stairs and I show her the upstairs living room that's similar but not as massive as the downstairs one. I show her the master bedroom, the guest rooms and my room. After the tour I lead her back to the upstairs living room and sure enough papa has brought up snacks and drinks for us.

We sit down and start to eat the snack.

"So, Riley, what's your story?" I ask with genuine interest.

"There's really nothing interesting or special about me. I'm a pretty boring person." She says, while looking at her hands while playing with her fingers, in an angelic voice that like music to my ears.

"Pretty is right. But I bet there's something interesting about you; even if you don't think so.". I say with a smile.

She looks up at and I can tell she's blushing. I like Riley and I'll do whatever it takes to get to know her better.

Authors Note: I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter. Please vote and comment. When commenting, please comment in a polite manner. There's no need to be rude/mean.

I haven't yet edited it so please forgive me for any spelling or grammatical errors here :)