Chapter 7

Riley's POV

After leaving the ice rink, Nate took us one of his dad's cafes for lunch. As expected, he opened the door for me. We went inside and the staff obviously knew who he was. I mean, he is the owner's son soooooo.....

A guy who's around our age came towards us. He has ginger hair, an average body (not skinny but not buff either) and a nerdy look to him. He is handsome in a nerdy way with his glasses. He's a bit shorter than Nate but still  taller than me. He's wearing the staff uniform that consists of black jeans, black shirt with the first button undone, pecan brown apron and brown shoes. The females had a white shirt instead of a black one. The shirts had the logo of the cafe on the right side of the chest.

The place itself is really beautiful but it has a homey vibe to it. I can already tell that I love it already. It was set up like a typical cafe but the vibe and the energy is what made it unique and beautiful. The walls had a nice tan shade of brown with accents of other shades but it all came together nicely. It had a mix of booths and normal tables but it wasn't disorganized. It was really nice actually.

"Hey guys. My name is Mark and I'll be your waiter this afternoon. If you could follow me I'll get you seated."

We both smiled at him and I nodded my head. Of course Nate nd my hand were interlocked the whole time. Mark lead us to a booth at the back; which was perfect because I like sitting at the back booths for some reason. We sat opposite each other so we are facing one another.

Mark handed us a menu each and gave us a few minutes to decide what we wanted. The place has food that sounds, and looks, really good. And it's not expensive at all. No wonder his cafes are so popular. 

I was contemplating whether to really wanted, which was a dagwood and fries or just going for a salad. I don't want to pig out in front of him and eat too much or whatever. I don't want him to judge me on my weight and eating habits. I know my thoughts may seem irrational but I'm really insecure about my body image so this is basically a daily struggle that I just have to go through. I can usually brush it off to the side when I'm at home because I'm in a safe space and in my comfort zone. But it's a different story in public. Especially right now. 

In as much as I want to just gather up the courage to get what I want, I just decide to get the chicken salad. 

Mark comes back to get our orders and I insist that Nate goes first.

"I'll have the meat lover's burger, with extra bacon and cheese, with fries and onion rings. To drink I'll have a coke."

Mark nods and writes down his order. He pushes his glasses up on his nose and turns to me to take mine. 

"I'll have the chicken salad. No olives please. I'll have fanta orange to drink."

When I turn to Nate, I can see his eyebrows furrowed with a confused expression on his face. Before Mark turned to leave, Nate stopped him. 

"Uhhhm. Yeah, no. Change her order to the toasted dagwood and fries please."

Well, to say I'm surprised is an understatement. 

"Uhm, okay. How would like your egg done?'

"Medium please" I replied, still kind of in shock.

Mark left and I was left opening and closing my mouth like a goldfish. I didn't know what to say honestly.

"I noticed you eyeing it so I know that's what you really wanted And I really like girls who can eat and pig out." He said with a smirk and mischievous look in his eyes. 

I smiled and replied, "Well, good thing I can eat then".

He chuckled and we started talking. Our food arrived and it was amazing! We talked the whole time as we were eating.