Chapter 2

Riley's POV

I'm incredibly nervous right now. I mean, who wouldn't be? I'm sitting across the most handsome guy I've ever seen. Sexy, dare I say. 

Jonathan is tall, muscular, has a roman nose, red lips, forest green eyes, a sharp jaw and black hair that's cut into a fade. How do I know haircuts? Well, my hair is always in a haircut because I like it short. Long hair is too much of a hassle to maintain for me.

Anyway, back to Jonathan. Don't even get me started on his smile. His smile alone can bring any girl to their knees. Basically, he's the whole package. But what I couldn't figure out is why he seems to be interested in me. It's probably because he just feels sorry for me or he's just being  nice neighbour. I mean, there's no other explanation why he would associate with a fat, anti-social loser like me. 

I'm not good at making friends because I'm shy around new people. Pair that with my insecurities about my weight and you end up with a girl with zero friends and basically no life. At least I like my own company and I don't mind being by myself. 

Suddenly I feel a hand an my arm and voice saying, "Earth to Riley..."

I snap out of my daze and see that Jonathan had moved from the couch across mine to right next to me. He sat so close to me that our knees were touching. I felt a weird feeling in my stomach from his contact. 

"Oh sorry. I zoned out. It just happens sometimes; I get lost in my own mind.", I say with a shy smile. 

He smiles back at me and moves his hand from my arm to his lap. I try to not overthink it but it's difficult. Especially with someone who has such a low self-esteem as myself. 

"How about we get to know each other better? We can take turns asking each other questions?". He asks hopefully. 

I nod my head. It won't too bad. Right?

"Okay. I'll go first. How old are you?", he asks.

"I'm 20. How about you?"

"Same. Favourite colour?"

"Burgundy. Yours?"

"Black. Same as my papa, Blake". I see love pass through his eyes as he mentions his father. He clearly loves his parents.

"Favourite movie? And before you ask mine, I don't have a favourite. I just can't pick one." I say with small chuckle. I've only know Jonathan for a little bit but I'm starting to get more comfortable around him. 

He seems to notice too and I see content in his eyes. This piques my interest. 

"My favourite movie is Olympus Has Fallen. I actually love all 3 of the Has Fallen movies." He says without his smile leaving his face. 

He continues, "Pineapples on pizza. Yes or no." He asks with fake seriousness. 

"Yes. I don't get people who hate that. Like, why?". He ask with a playful expression. 

"Oh thank goodness. I thought I had to unfriend you if you said no." He says dramatically with his hand on his chest with a smirk.

My heart skips a beat when I realise what he said. He already considered us friends? I couldn't believe it. He wants to be my friend?

"What do your parents do for a living?" I ask curiously. 

"My dad, Adam, is the CEO of Grey Corp. Inc. and my papa, Blake, own 3 cafe's around New York. So, they're both in the business world. And your parents?" He asks with the same amount of curiosity.

"Well, my mom is a lawyer and my dad is a gynaecologist." I reply. 

He nods his head and says, "Can I have your number?". 

"Uhhhm, s-sure". I stutter and I instantly want to facepalm. He wants my number? But why? 

He hands me his iPhone and I save my number on it. I also hand him my phone so that he can save his on mine.

After the exchange, we continue with conversation. He had me laughing so hard, my stomach hurt half the time. The conversation flowed, we enjoyed the rest of the delicious snacks and I think he also lowkey flirted with me. I can't tell since a guy has never flirted with me before. Let alone have a boyfriend. 

"Jonathan. Riley." We hear Blake's dad call. We walk downstairs and both our parents are at the foot of the stairs. 

"It's time to go sweetheart." My dad says to me and I nod in response. My parents walk towards the front door and Jonathan's parents walk them out. 

"I had a great time, I hope we can do this again soon." Jonathan says, surprising me. 

"Me too. Talk to you later." I say blushing.

Jonathan walks me out and I walk across the street to my house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jonathan's POV

I had such a great time with Riley this afternoon. I couldn't stop thinking about her, even as I helped papa with dinner. But, it seems like she was holding back this afternoon. I wonder why.

"Seems like someone has a crush." Papa says with a cheshire cat grin. 

I blush slightly and reply, "Maybe"

"She's a nice girl. You should go after her. She's definitely a lot better than the tramps you've brought home." He says with a shrug.

I look at him with wide eyes. 

"What? You know I'm right and I've never hidden the fact that I didn't like them from you." 

"Well, you've got a point there."

We finish making dinner. We all have dinner together. Thereafter, I load the dirty dishes into the dishwasher after my parents go to their bedroom for the night. 

After texting Riley for a bit, I fall asleep with her on my mind.

A/N: I wasn't sure how to go about this chapter and here we are. I hope you enjoy it. It's unedited so please forgive me for spelling and grammatical errors.

Please vote and comment :)