1:Burnt 3am Snack

Mags's POV

"Get off me!" Head butting him, I run out of his car that I was dragged into. I don't stop running as I hear him calling back to me

"Get back here girly, you promised"I don't know how drunk that stranger is but he has me mistaken for someone else, I would never give myself up at this age. I'm only 15.  I don't even have a boyfriend or had my first kiss yet.

Stopping real quick I try to see where I am. Okay well that tree looks just like the one we past when he grabbed me,oh so does that one. And that one and that one and that one. I'm surrounded by trees, that totally helps

Running off again, I come across some light. I look up and notice it's a street light.

Yes! I'm saved.

I run until I reach the street. I turn around and don't see that drunk man anymore. I sigh out in relief. I go to start running again when headlights approached me."Ahh" I jump out of the way as the car swerved. I watched as it bounced off one tree to other before it flipped and crashed on it's side.

Running to it, I look around and realize the driver side is on the ground. I climb onto to car and  pull open the passenger door. I peek in and see the driver is hanging there with their head to the side and broken glass around them. Reaching over I unbuckle their seat belt and grab their arm to pull them out. When I almost completely pulled them out, I noticed the bracelet on their wrist. No-it can't be

"No no no no"I was able to pull them out of the car. Looking down at their lifeless body,I hug them close to me"No! AAAA!" I cry out into the night.

Looking down at them, I notice their blood got all over my arms and hands"No!"

 I sit up straight. Panic attack. I'm having a panic attack. I grab on to my nightstand as I get out of bed. I end up knocking over everything on it as well as everything on my dresser as I look for my pill bottle.

Finding it, I pop it open before taking out two pills. I put them in my mouth and try to control my breathing as they slowly start to work.

"It was just another nightmare. You're not there anymore"I repeat the words Maria always tells me when she wakes up to me screaming. At least I didn't this time, that's improvement

After a while my breathing to back to normal. Walking over to my bed I sit on it. I unplug my phone from it's charger and look at the time 3:00 am.  Yeah, that's not an improvement.

Rather then going back to bed and risk having another nightmare, I head down the hall of my tiny house and go to the kitchen.

My house it isn't really like others. It's in a 'okay' neighborhood and it's two bed one bath. Maria thought it would be a good idea to live here considering we have an average amount of money, this is the last place he  would come looking me. It's a one story house that has a broken front door that we block off with bricks on the inside so no one can come in and windows with no locks that we keep close with a piece of wood.

I'm not complaining about my living condition, people have it way worst in the world.

I take out some bread and the toaster. Popping two slices in there, I stand and wait for them to brown

"I thought I heard you up baby"Maria is the sweet little old mexican lady that adopted me. When my real parents had me they instantly gave me up. They even didn't hold me. It wasn't until I was five that someone adopted me. I guess no one wanted a small little girl that was backed into a corner. But Maria did

"Sorry Maria"

"Another nightmare?"I nod my head"Mags, te lo dije muchas veces. Estás salvo aquí. Ya no pueden hacer daño y nunca más lo harán. ¿bueno?(Mags, I told you multiply times. You're save here. They can't hurt anymore and they never will again. okay?)Maria hugs me from the side. We are about the same height, a good 5'8.

"Bueno" Maria has taught me Spanish over the years she's been taking care off me.  Even though I'm a different race than her, Maria treats me as if I'm her own kid. She was there for me when the incident happened. She was there for me when I was attacked. She was there for me when I begged her for us to move.

And a year later, here we are. Yet I'm still scared I'll get found.

We were interrupted with the toaster going off and popping out my burnt toast  There goes my three am snack

"You need to stop over thinking everything. We moved over a year ago and look nothing has happened. We are fine. Besides, you should be worrying about what you are going to be wearing to school tomorrow"I groan out at the reminder. First day of junior year at a new school in the middle of the school year. I was doing online school but Maria insisted that I switch

"Do I have to go"

"Yes. You never know, you might meet a cute blonde headed boy"

"Yeah right, besides, I like brunettes better."That's a lie and we both know it. I'm in love with guys with blonde hair. I don't know what it is but it makes them so much more attractive than regular guys.

"Yeah, well no boy is going to want you if you continue to wear those god awful overall shorts"Maria teases me as she let's go of me and started to head out of the kitchen.

"Ug, this coming from the women that thinks the color green goes with everything" I yell after her as she disappears down the hall. i don't hear a reply other than some grumbling

Shaking my head with a small smile on my face, I grab the toast out of the toast "Será mejor que comas esa tostada, no desperdiciamos pan en esta casa"(You better eat that toast, we don't waste bread in this house)

I roll my eyes"Oh so when I burn toast,I have to eat it other wise it's wasteful but when you don't like the taste of the soup you made, it's fine to throw that away"I say under my breath

"I heard that"

"ve a dormir"(Go to sleep) I yell at her playfully.

I throw away one of the pieces of toast but place the other one on a napkin.

Tomorrow I have to walk into Jullen High, as small public school, as the random new girl that joins in the middle of the school year. Yay.

I grab and take a bit out of my toast"Ugh" I spit it back out. Burnt toast it not a go. I walk over to the window and take out the piece of wood before opening it. I throw the piece of toast out there. Some bird will eat it.

I think

--------------------------------------------------

Simple for the first chapter. I'm excited for this book.

I know I said I was going to post this on Saturday but I couldn't wait.