32:Care Taker

Mags's POV

Zach is gone. For good.

So what did I do, my first day of freedom. Cook.

Do you know how hard it is to cook for 5 people at 5 in the morning.Really hard. I manged to do it though. Taking two plates, one with scrambled eggs, hash browns and bacon, the other one pancakes and bacon, I head down the hall and to Erik and Chez's rooms. Peeking into Erik, I spot both of them cuddling. I sneak in and place both plates on the table by the bed before leaving.

Heading back to the kitchen I see Diem and Dalen walk in. "Morning"

"Did you make all of this"

"Yeah."

"Okay Gordan Ramsey" Dalen jokes. I laugh as I grab mine and Nick's plates

"I hope you guys like it" I leave the kitchen and head up to Nick's room. It was hard to sneak out of bed. He kept on holding me and kissing on me to get me to stay. Eventually I told him I was going to the bathroom. I made sure he fell back asleep before I went down stairs

Walking into the room, I find him walking out of the bathroom"Hm, that's fun. I could have swore you said you would be in there"

I place done our plates as Nick walks over to me and grabs onto my shirt to pull me into him"And you most definitely shouldn't be cooking and walking around"

"I feel fine Nick. And I wanted to do something nice. Plus I had help from the kitchen crew and I didn't bend down or stretch up to get anything so I-" Nick leaned down and kissed me softly. I was expecting it be a bit rough like usually but he was just really soft with it.

Pulling away he rest his forehead on mine"I almost lost you"

"Don't. Don't do that"

"It's true Mags. Weather you like it or not, I almost lost you. Diem almost lost you. Erik, Chez, Dalen, Maria, we all almost lost you"

"Maria!" I get out of Nick's hold and look for my clothes"She doesn't know what happened, she doesn't know where I was she's probably worried sick"

"Mags slow down, don't hurt yourself"

"I need to go home Nick."

"I know just hold on a second." He went to his dresser to grab some clothes before getting dressed.

---------------------------------------------

Please don't yell at me. Please don't yell at me.

"Maria?" I walk into the house with Nick behind me"Maria?" We walk into the living area and find her laying on the couch with her eyes closed and looking pale. No.

"Maria? Maria?" I shake her and opens her eyes. Thank god.

"What, I was taking a nap" When she finished talking, Maria started to couch harshly.  Bringing my hand up I place it on her forehead and then her cheek. She's burning up.

"You're sick"

"Please. I've dealt with worst in my time. This is nothing" Frowning at her, I look at Nick

"Um, I think I should take care of her for the day."

"Okay, call me if you need anything" He leans down and kisses my forehead. "Feel better Maria"

"Oh don't worry about me Nick, I'll be fine" Nick walks out of the room and the house. I walk in to the kitchen and turn on the kettle"Mags, don't worry about me"

"You're 1000 years old, it would be rude of me not to worry"I look back at her to see her giving me a dead face"Besides, there's an illness going around. This could be serious."

"Plus, I have survived being sick for over 4 months before, I could barley eat anything and I was couching up my organs and still come up with a smile on my face."

Opening the cabinet, i take out some of the liquid medicine. Pouring it into a cup, I take it over to Maria and hand it to her. Grabbing it she swallows it all in one go."Ugh, grape"

"Maria when did this start?"

"I started to feel like this last night. I ate some soup and layed down. Before I knew it I felt weak and tired"Maybe it's just from her soup. Yeah her soup that's all"Speaking of last night, where were you guys, I was waiting for you all to come over"

Should I tell her the truth? I mean it is safe now"Um, Zach messaged me. He wanted to meet with me so i went to go see him"

She looked at me with a disappointed look"Mags, you should be lucky I don't have the strength to slap you right now. Why did you think it would be a good idea to go see him"

"Because he threatened Nick, and everyone else. I didn't want them to get hurt. I didn't want anyone to get hurt"

Thinking back on it, I don't Zach was ever going to hurt any of them. That he was just bluffing because if he was serious, he would have done it by then and not have waited so long. He only want to kill me. To get back at me for what I did to his sister.

"Where is he now"

"Dead"Maria widened her eyes. I didn't say anything as I grabbed her hand"He's gone Maria"

For good

-----------------------------------------------

6 chapter left