22:Like Mother Like Daughter

two weeks later

Mags's POV

Maybe I should quit

I mean, I get payed 15 at the end of the month and my new boss, Jasmine is a drunk that sleeps in her office. Maybe I should quit

I continue to drag this huge box of food down the aisle so that I fill up the shelves. It's currently  3 in the afternoon and I just started working about 10 minutes ago.

School was hella boring today. The teachers taught and the students slept. The most excited thing that happened was that a kid realized that his lunch tasted normal.

I grab one brand of candy and start to fill them on the shelves.  Jasmine still buys the same products that Marty did but I think she's going to have to switch to some cheaper ones due to the fact that she uses some of the money from the store to buy liquor 

I was almost done with restocking the candy when a coupled walked in. It was a man and a woman. "I'll be right with you"

I finish restocking the candy and grab the box before heading to the back. I pass Jasmine's office and she stops me

"Megs"

"It's Mags"

"Whatever,I need you to close today, I have to leave early"

"But my shift ends at 7. Those are my hours"

"Well I'm changing your hours" She snapped at me.

I was going to talk back but I noticed a bottle a Jack Daniels on the sides of her desk. She's intoxicated. I shouldn't anger her

"Okay" I leave her doorway and throw the box in with the others. I walk down the small hallway and down to the front of the store.

I walk behind the counter and watch as the couple approaches me."Hi how are you"

"We're doing good, just stopping before our trip. It's our anniversary"

"Oh congrats" I grab their snacks and drinks and ring them up"That will be $12:25" I watch as the man digs in his pocket for his wallet.

I look up at the couple and notice that they have the skin tone as me. I look over at the women and notice that her eyes are a honey hazel that sparkle."I really like you eyes. Mine are kinda the same"

"Oh why thank y-" She cut her self off as she looked at me. I watched as her eyes ran over my face before I had to look away because the man handed me the money. I started to put in the cash register and got there change

"What's your name?"

I closed the register and handed them their change"Mags. I know it sounds weird but that's what my parents named me. I don't know why though"

The woman's eyes started to tear up while the man looked at me with shock."Are you guys okay?"

"Y-yeah, we need to get going. Come on honey" He grabs her and they walk out of the store

Well they made my top 5 weirdest customers

"MEGS!!"

Ughh

--------------------------------

I don't get why I'm the only employee. Like why not have some other person come in a work too. It would get things do a lot faster.

I've been restocking the fridges for the past hour now. Jasmine thought it would be cheaper to just have people drop off the drinks rather than also have them also put them in the fridges.

So here I am, filling up 12 fridges with drinks. I reach up to try and put a glass coke on the shelve but my foot slipped and I dropped it. It would have fell on my head if I wasn't pulled back.

"You don't know what asking for help is do you"

I turn around in Nick's arms"What help, I'm the only one here" He smiles down at me as he places both of his hands on the sides of my face. With a smile on his face, he leans down and places a soft kiss on my lips.

I smile into the kiss which causes him to pull away"I'm sorry"

"You know I hate it when you do that" I laugh at him"How am I suppose to kiss you if you're laughing and smiling"

"I'm sorry"I laugh as he leans down again to kiss me. I return it and  grab onto the sides of his shirt and lean up a bit further to try and deepen the kiss.

Nick pulls away and looks down at me"No PDA at work ma'am"

I push away from him before reaching down and grabbing more bottles to put in the fridges."Why are you doing this anyway?"

"Jasmine wanted to be cheap and only have the drink companies drop off the products and not put them in the fridges for us like the usually do"

"Well like me help"

"No, I could never ask you to do my work for me"

Nick grabbed some bottles and started to put them in the fridge"Well it's a good thing you didn't ask"

It only took about an hour or so until we finished putting all drinks in the fridges. I guarantee you, if I did it by myself, I would have been at for 2 hours.

"I just need to do somethings in the back office then we can leave" I finished running the receipts and look up at Nick but he's busy looking at his reflection in the window fixing his hair"Nick"

"Hold on"

"You hair is going to look terrible no matter what"

Nick looks over at me and raises his eyebrow at me"You love my blonde hair"

"I never said that" He scoff. I leave the counter and head to the back"Beside, brunettes are better" I walk back to the office

When I get there, I place all the receipts on her desk, I went to leave when I notice a chart on her desk. it's the same one Marty used when he did finances.

I saw that Jasmine was putting must of the money to her on the side and very little to the store. But what really made me mad was what she was going to give to me.

She was dropping my pay again! First I was getting payed $23 then she dropped it to $15 and now she wants to drop it to $5!

How does she think that I would be fine being the only worker here, busting my butt and only get payed $5 for it at the end of the month.

I ball up my fist before I take off my name tag and head to my locker. I take all my stuff out of it and grab anything I was given for the store.

I place it all on her desk along with the keys. Grabbing a post it and a pen I write on it 'I quit'

 Leaving her office,I walk back out to the front where I find Nick looking confused. When he looked over at me, he looked even more confused"Are you okay?"

"Well, you will no longer need to come over here to talk to me and to make sure I'm okay. I quit"

"Really?"

"Yeah" I walk past him and walk to Nick's car since Maria has hers

"Mags, you know what this means now right"

"I know, I have to find somewhere else to work and then have it got with my schedule and-" Nick cut my off by grabbing my face

"Mags, this means we can hang out all day now without waiting for you get off work." He picked me up and spun us around" We can spend more time together!"

I laughed down at him before giving him a kiss

I'm glad I quit tonight

----------------------------------------

I hope you understand the title.