Chapter One

First day of senior year. Little did I know this would be the beginning of the end.

*Ten years ago*

Rain. That's all I can see, hear, taste. The rain coveres my face, washing away my tears. Why does daddy do this to me? Aren't daddies supposed to love their childern. I didn't mean to eat the last piece of bread. I was just really hungry. I thought mommy and daddy would be proud that I was able to go a grade up because my teacher said I was super smart.

I'm only in first grade but Miss Jones said I can go to third grade instead of second grade. Mommy made dinner for the first time in a while. It was all going well, until I wanted an extra piece of bread. Daddy got mad and hit me again. I ran away. I kept running until I reached the park bench in at now.

"Hello?"

I look up to see a blond, blue eyed boy who looks like he's my age. Maybe he's a little bit older.

"Are you okay? You're crying."

"I'm okay. Why are you out here?"

"I left my frisbee out here and my father sent me to go find it."

"Oh. Okay."

"Why are you out here? You don't have on a jacket. Isn't your father worried you'll get a cold?"

"My daddy doesn't like me very much."

"Why not?"

"He hits me a lot."

"Why? That doesn't sound very nice."

"I don't know. Doesn't your daddy hit you?"

He shakes his head. Oh.

"My name is Merlin. What is your name?"

I stick out my hand. He grabs it back and shakes it.

"My name is Arthur Pendragon. But, you can just call me Arthur. We are going to be friends forever."

"Always and forever."

"What?"

"Oh, I read it in a book once. Always and forever. I like the quote."

"Me too! We will be friends, always and forever."

I begin walking up to the school and I feel arms wrap around my waist and and a head rest upon my shoulders.

"Guess who?"

"If it is anybody but my over protective prat of a boyfriend, I'd suggest you start running now."

I get spinned around my make eye contact with my entire world.

Arthur Pendragon.

"You're mean. I'm not an overprotective prat."

"Really? And what did you do to Gwaine yesterday?"

"He was flirting with you! That's barely my fault."

"This is Gwaine we're talking about. He flirts with anything that breathes. You know he would never act upon his flirting."

"But, everybody has to know that you're mine and nobody can mess with you."

"See! You're being an overprotective prat and-"

I get cut off my him kissing me. Oh, how I love these moments. Too bad it has to end so soon. I pull back.

"We have to get to class now. Don't want to be late."