Chapter Seven

"Arthur I'm fi-"

"Are you sure? I can pick you up if-"

"Arthur! You've been like this forever now. I'm with Mordred and Morgana at the mall. I'm perfectly fine. I'll see you later. Okay?"

I hear a grumble on the other end of the phone.

"Thank you. I love you."

"...Love you too."

I smile as I hang up the phone, only to see Morgana and Mordred making kissing faces at me.

"Stop it. Both of you. You guys are children."

"We are the children? You're the youngest out of us."

"Well, you certainly wouldn't know just by looking at us, now would you?"

Morgana throws her arm over my shoulder and pulls me down to her.

"Now, why don't you entertain us with why my dear brother decided to ruin our shopping trip by calling you ever three seconds?"

"It's noth-"

"Nope! We both know it's something. So, tell us."

I look up accusingly at Mordred, my supposed friend.

"And I thought we were friends?"

"Stop being overdramatic my future brother in law."

I feel my cheeks redden to the shade that would make a tomato proud.

Mordred has a pained look on his face. But, it's gone as quickly as it came. What was that from? He's probably still upset about his breakup.

"Now, please tell me?"

"Morgana Pendragon is asking me with a please? I thought I'd never see the day."

"Shut up. Now, tell me before I put my heel through your foot."

There's the Morgana we all know and love.

Might as well not delay this any longer.

"Arthur is still pouty about Halloween."

Morgana lets her arm drop while Mordred gives me a sad look.

Not this conversation again.

"Merlin, you know what Arthur went through that week. You disappeared for an entire week with no warning. Hell, you scared the crap out of us all. If you were my boyfriend, I'd keep you on a leash for the next year."

"Well, it's already Christmas. I think he would've calmed down by now."

"This is Arthur Pendragon. You got off easy Merlin."

**A few months back**

Hesitantly, I open up the door to my third-period classroom. I already know I'm going to be the most infamous person out of my friends. I left for a week without warning.

Knowing my past, it has happened before where I had to miss school. But, I've never missed an entire week.

Arthur is going to kill me.

Stepping into the classroom, I walk right up to the teacher's desk to hand her my late pass. I can already hear Gwen gasping from her seat.

I don't dare face my friends, or him.

"Nice to see you back here Merlin. We all missed you. Now, if you'd please take your seat so we may continue."

"Thank you."