Chapter Six

"No, I'm not dressing up in a stupid costume."

I look at Arthur is my best pouty face that I know he can't resist.

"Please. It's Halloween."

"You're like a five year old child."

"Fine. I'll ask Morgana to dress up with me while you go to your popular party."

I unhook my arm from Arthur's and begin walking in the opposite direction.

"Ugh! Fine!"

Ignoring him, I continue walking with a smirk on my face. Every year since we met, we've always dressed up together, whether it was in a group or couple.

*Seven Years Ago*

"Come on Merlin! It will be fun!"

I look down at the football costume with disgust.

"I don't play football."

"I know. But we're doing a group costume with the others and they wanted to do football."

I glance back up at Arthur and see how excited he is. I don't want to ruin this for him.

"How about you just go. I'll stay home and hang out."

Feeling embarrassed, I look back down and fiddle with the hem of my shirt.

Arthur stays silent for a while, so I do too. I feel bad because I'm just not in the mood for Halloween this year. I just was to eat candy and watch movies with Arthur and Morgana.

"No."

Looking up, Arthur grabs the uniform and shoves it into my arms.

"You're going to get dressed up with us and you will go trick or treating and you will enjoy it. Then, we will come back here and exchange Halloween candy with Morgana."

"But-"

"No buts. Go try on the uniform."

Giving up, I go and try on the uniform.

Who would've guessed that I actually had fun that year?

While I'm walking away, I can feel him start walking up to me.

Arthur was right about one thing, sometimes I am a five year old child.

Without looking back, I take off. I know I won't be able to run too far without being caught, but I'm hoping the suddenness will give me an advantage.

I can hear the pounding of feet behind me, I try to run faster, but I'm already beginning to have trouble breathing. Curse my lack of ability to run.

Suddenly, I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist and spin me around. I can't help but let out a laugh and lean into the touch.

When I'm finally placed on my feet, I turn around to see Arthur there, grinning at me.

"What?"

"Nothing. Now, let's go get these stupid costumes."

*Two hours later*

"I'm completely stuffed. Seriously, I can't eat another bite."

"You barely ate anything! How can you be full already?"

I look down at my half eaten croissant. I then look at Arthur's two empty plates of pizza.

"We all don't have a stomach capacity like yours you know."