a flame to his golds

finally updated!! i decided to take a rest for my winter break and i really enjoyed it!! how was yours though? i hope you're doing great too! i've been fed by the smallest amount of markhyuck contents these days that's why im kinda </3 and yeah this chapter... this isn't it is supposed to be but... okay fine... dont forget to read the end notes!! i have an important question there!!

•••

The doves are singing as they fly around the bright garden. Butterflies seems to be free, as they would conquer the whole space. The green of grass feels home, like it wasn't just a color but also a comfort. Peace is what the place screams, something that everyone craves for, something that everyone has been wanting. But when the chaos comes, where would the doves go? Where would the butterflies fly and where would be our peace?

Breakfast, Donghyuck is anxious not for himself but for his vampire mate, the Crowned Prince, Mark Lee. He can feel his brother's glares lingering around the person sitting right next to him, just infront of his sister's chair. The breakfast should be for the royal family but then Donghyuck's father mentioned that he wants to hear about Mark; to know what kind of person he is and to know if his son is safe with him.

"What were you doing here?" Johnny asked, hands gripping tightly on the utensils.

"Brother..." Donghyuck said in a warning tone that made Johnny look up on him in surprised.

"The tradition is not to let the two involved in the marriage for three days—"

"The reason why they sent me here is because of his family's acts, my dear sister." Donghyuck glances at Mark who has no reaction with the conversation going through the siblings.

"What?" Johnny asked, confused.

"They want Mark to cheat... Again." The second prince's answer to his brother.

"Again? How horrible!" Donghyuck's twin exclaimed then he turned to his father who just put down his news paper.

Silence has conquered the whole place, Donghyuck keeps eating meanwhile his two siblings' attentions were caught by his father.  Him being too calm is dangerous specially if this is about his favorite child, no one gets to hurt nor touch Donghyuck, not even a fly.

"Mark Lee," the King of Vevion started as he sips into his goblet. "What are your intentions to my son?"

Donghyuck wanted to laugh, first of all, what his father said was funny enough for a normal couple. It was too old fashioned and too formal for anyone who will hear. Though his father is a king, everyone in their kingdom, specially the king's childen would treat him as someone who is trendy is just like a friend. Second, why would his father want to ask Mark's intention when everything started off by an accidental mating? If it wasn't for Mark being ill-tempered and a loser, he wouldn't be in this place and probably just around fucking and sucking someone else's blood. With the thought somehow made Donghyuck's heart ache a little which Mark knew it would happen that's why he held the wolf's hand under the table and squeezes it softly as if he's saying it's okay.

"They're clean sir," Mark cleared his throat then glances to Johnny, Donghyuck's brother who's still glaring at the vampire. "I will do anything for him."

Donghyuck, once again, wanted to laugh but he decided to swallow all of the humor. It feels weird how that the vampire everyone's fearing would bow down to someone like his father, another king, let alone he's a wolf. Mark sounded like he's a joke, Donghyuck wont lie. With everything that he and his family of vampires done to him, it feels like he wouldn't bare do anything the King of Vevion would ask him to do, that is, if the King would really take this opportunity to ask Mark for his own favor.