Ch 1

" On a day devoid of all light
A boy will be born at exact midnight
He has a power everyone knows not
For he is born to rule the lot

Mated to one who lives in darkness
He will be queen to his highness
A fake prophecy will divide the two
But both will be united in time due

Raised by the founders and Merlin himself
He who is loved and son of death
The ghost will be his family
To replace the one he has lost
He'll make the one who hurt him
Pay at all cost

The world will change for him
And all will bow to their queen"

***************************************
On a cold and dark night, a boy no older than 3 is crying inside a cupboard he calls his room.

The tears fell down his cheeks as he desperately hopes for someone, anyone to save him from this hell. His silent pleas rang and reached out to anyone who could hear.

But he knows there's no one. He's all alone. And even if anyone did hear, why would they help him? After all, he's just a 'freak', a 'worthless boy'. But unbeknownst to him, it did reach someone...

A dark cloaked figure was watching the show, or more like the normal everyday life of mortals laid out for him beyond the veil, when something unexpected happened. "Help.." one word. One single word, spoken with so much desperation was carried into his ear by the nonexistent air. That was all it took to take his attention and focus it raptly to the voice.

Impossible-well, it was supposed to be impossible- no one in the land of the living should be able to reach out to the land of the dead. And yet here we are, a voice that obviously belongs to a toddler, was able to reach him. Him, who resides at the inner, lowest, and darkest part of his realm.

Curios as to who it could be, the figure approached the voice. He traveled through the veil and what came before him brought forth unexpected and strange feelings. Something he wasn't even aware he had till now. It was something akin to anger, but it was toppled by something more, something stronger. Worry? Concern? He guessed it was both.

He was confused. He had never experienced anything like this before, and he didn't know what to do. What he did know however, was that this child is drawing him in.

"Are you alright?" a voice called out. It took him a moment to realize that the voice came from him. He was shocked. Never in his life has he ever uttered anything so softly, much less with so much concern and worry coating his tone.

Meanwhile, the child who's crying has been reduced to only sniffles and small hiccups now and then, turned his head to the direction of where the voice had been. Looking at the place, he was shocked to see a dark cloaked figure that seems to float above ground. The cape of the said figure seeming to mix with the shadows and darkness that surrounds them.

He knew that he should be scared, but he wasn't. In fact, seeing the mysterious man brought foreign feelings of safety, something that made him confused. "Who are you?"

"I am called by many names by different people. But you may call me Death young one. For that is the name most commonly known and something I'm sure you're familiar with." the figure who is now known as Death said. " And who might you be little one?'

"H-Harry. I don't mean to sound rude but, why are you here?" His tone was one of curiosity but still with a hint of wariness.

"You called for me" Death answered. Honestly though, he himself doesn't know why he was here, much less answered the child's call. Perhaps it was simply because of curiosity. No one has ever been able to reach out to the land of the dead from the land of the living before. Or maybe it's because of this unknown pull he feels towards the child.

Pushing the questions aside for later, he instead looked at the child's tear stained face. " Why are you crying Harry?"

"Aunt Petunia said that I'm a freak and that no one will love me. Uncle Vernon also cut my wrist with the shard of the vase that was shattered. I didn't mean to do it. The flower vase just floated on it's own and then came crashing to the floor"

Death was shocked. Wanting to confirm his suspicion, he reached out his magic and sure enough there it is; a magic core. The child is a wizard, a powerful one at that.

Contemplating for a moment, he turned to Harry and asked. " Do you want to know the reason why the vase floated little one? The true reason?" getting a nod, he continued. "You're a wizard Harry. and from what I could feel from how big and strong your core is, a very powerful wizard"

Harry gaped. A wizard! He may be still a child, but he understood clearly what it meant. He could do magic! He's magic! now you might question why and how he understood such a complex word for his age. The answer was simple because with the environment he grew up in, he was forced to grow up quickly. it also helps that he understands and gets things quite easily. He also has a photographic memory which also helps. A fast learner you may call it.

He looked at the man clad in darkness with twinkling eyes. "Really?!"

Death chuckled at the boy and nodded in confirmation. "That means I can do magic right? Can you teach me? Pretty please?!" Harry pleaded with the most adorable puppy dog eyes Death has ever seen. Now that was just unfair! How was he supposed to say no to that?

'If you wish. I will call five more people to teach you as they have much more experience than I. But I will also of course be one of the teachers" He gave in. He would never admit it, but he was pleased to see the beaming smile Harry gave him at his words.

"'Yay!" before he could comprehend anything, he was tackled in a hug by a very excited boy. Having caught off guard, he instinctively wrapped his arms around the boy to prevent them from tumbling to the ground. And he was shocked to say that he rather liked the hug.

"When do we start?"

"Tomorrow, for now sleep" He watched as the child fell asleep and than went back to his domain. In there he called five famous wizards and witches that had ever lived and briefed then on the detail.

To say they were shocked was an understatement. But still, they were excited. It's been a thousand years since they last stepped into the land of the living and teach.

Death on the other hand convinced himself that the only reason he complied to the child's wishes was because he was bored. He was definitely not concerned on the little one's well-being.