Ch 4

The train ride was uneventful to say the least, and now the small group consisting of Draco, Hermione, Neville, and him are standing in front of a strict looking witch.

Said witch excused herself for a moment and the first years were then left alone. Harry and Draco were talking about which house will they be before getting interrupted by a red headed boy.

"Well well well, if it isn't a slimy snake. Tell me, do your father enjoy kneeling and groveling to a snake faced bastard?"

"Who are you?" Harry asked in annoyance. For some reason, he doesn't like this boy

"Rom Weasly. And a little information, you better show respect. I will be the best friend of the boy-who-lived" he answered smugly unaware of the green eyes looking at hi with pure contempt.

Now Harry knows why he hates the boy-no prat. "What makes you think that he will like you?"

From the corner of his eyes, he could see Draco scowling. Neville and Hermione are no better. Huh, guess he's not the only one who hates the Weasel.

"Please, it's not like he'll be friends with a slimy snake like you" scoffed the boy, oblivious to the power rolling off Harry in waves because of his anger.

"Can I kill him?"

"Yes, you ma-OW! What was that for Hel?!"

For lady magic sake, Death! Even if you represent it, doesn't mean that you can just give permission to kill so easily!"

"But that brat dared to insult my son!"

"You are such a doting father. Your spoiling him" a voice that belongs to Sal said.

Death snorted "Please, as if you're any better. Who was the one who set a whole supermarket in flames just because the teller sneered at him?" This earned him a laugh from the others.

"Any way no killing" Helga said in a stern voice which was added by a 'for now' from his dad earning said being another slap in the head.

Harry sighed but obeyed nonetheless. He will not chance being at the receiving end of aunt Hel's anger.

Focusing back on the boy, he noticed that Draco, Hermione, and Neville had taken up a defensive position behind him. "Oh I don't know, maybe the fact that you're insulting him right now?"

All colors visibly drained from the weasel's face as a dawning realization hit him from that statement. He had jus insulted the boy-who-lived. His mum's going to kill him. Opening his mouth to apologize and hopefully save his dear life, he was stopped by a tap on his shoulder.

He turned around and was ready to snap to whoever it was that interrupted him, he stopped upon seeing the strict face of the professor.

Said professor glowered at him and turned to the rest of the first years. "We're ready for you now"

She then lead them inside the great hall and in front of the head table where all the professors and headmaster sit.

The sorting then commenced to which he turned out, only listening to the ones that matter.

"Hermione Granger-Ravenclaw"

"Neville Longbottom-Gryffindore"

"Draco Malfoy-Slytherin"

The Weasly boy was also sorted into Gryffindore. Many more students after, and now it was his turn.

"Harry Potter"

The whole hall was deathly quiet as he made his way to the stool. Everyone watched with awe as he strode with grace that should be impossible for his age and many old pureblood families seek from their heir. His whole demeanor screamed grace, elegance and power with an aura around him that made those close to him want to bow their head in submission, bow to their superior.

Sitting on the stool with elegance, he waited for the hat.

Snapping out of her daze, Mcgonagall placed the hat on top of the head of the boy that had rendered her speechless just seconds earlier.

Upon contact, a voice sounded inside his head. 'Ahhh, Harry Potter. Son of Death and favorite of the founders and Merlin himself. A pleasure and great honor to meet you'

'Likewise Alistair. My aunts and uncles told me so much about you'

'I'm honored. Now, let's proceed to the sorting shall we? It seems any longer and the whole hall will die by holding their breath'

Harry chuckled. 'Hmm, lots of courage I see. Not afraid to face what must be faced, and the stubbornness to stand on what you believe. Loyal to those that have proven themselves worthy of it. There's also a thirst for knowledge. Ahh, but there is also a strong sense of cunning, ambition, and the hunger to prove yourself. And of course power, lots and lots of power. If I'm correct and I know that I am, you are even stronger than Merlin and the founders put together. Well then, better be...