Ch 3

"Normal"

'Thoughts'

"Mind link to Death, Merlin, and the four founders'

~Parseltongue~

The scenery passed by like a blur outside of the window as he was peacefully reading a book. Today was the day he will finally attend Hogwarts. Harry was excited.

Not that he needed the education, no, what he was excited about was that he will finally, fully step foot in the wizarding world. Officially that is. Today will be the day that he can announce to the whole world that Harry flippin Potter is back!

But contrary to popular beliefs, he will not-no, he will never be their 'savior'. Why should he? After all, they were the ones who left him with his horrid relatives. It was because of them that he had to suffer 3 yrs. of abuse where he was beat up and treated worse than a house elf. And he was just a child back then! He can't even get a proper meal day whereas his poor excuse of a family shoved food down their throat like there was no tomorrow.

So yes, why should he? After everything they have done( or more like haven't done)? They didn't even spare to visit him to see if he was okay, much less alive! Hell, they never even knew that he left the Dursleys when he was 3. And they expect him to just stay quiet and be their perfect little savior? To be nothing but a pawn? No way in his dad's domain.

His family of what happened- what really happened. He also knows of the fake 'prophecy' that cost him his parents. Thanks to aunty Fate, he came to learn that the prophecy was never meant to be. In other words, it was utterly, 100% fake!

He was snapped out of his thought when his compartment door opened. He looked up to see a boy his age with blond hair and piercing silver eyes.

"Oh sorry, I didn't know that this was already occupied. Do you mind? Everywhere else is full"

"Sure" He smiled and gestured to the seat in front of him. The blond seemed to release a breath of relief at that and smiled at him. "Thanks. I'm Draco by the way, Draco Malfoy"

'Huh, so that's why he looks familiar'. Taking the outstretched hand, he introduced "Harry Potter" Hearing his name, the blond openly gaped, forgetting the proper decorum at the moment.

Smirking, he went back to his book-though that's only what it looks like from outsiders. In truth, he was speaking to one of the founders, Salazar to be specific.

"Hey Sal, in your opinion, is it good to have a Malfoy as an ally?"

"It's your choice. But yes, in my opinion it is best to ally yourself with them. The Malfoys are one of the most influential family there is, not to mention their status as purebloods. Getting on their good side will be good for your future plans."

Internally nodding, he lifted his head and looked at the blond, only to see said boy to be staring at him. "Yes?"

Blushing at being caught, he shook his head. His silver eyes then looked back at him filled with curiosity. "Nothing, it's just you look nothing like the description in the books"

It's true, he himself had read one of those books and Merlin did he get a good laugh out of that. In the book, he was described as the perfect carbon copy of James Potter, his father. Obviously that's far from the truth. Anyone who see him will never find a trace of James anywhere.

His hair, for instance unlike his father was tame, smooth and silky. It's color was that of midnight black that shines a fiery red whenever it was hit by light, whereas the book described it to be a dark brown-almost black. Hi eyes were that of the Avada Kedavra green that would shine with his power whenever he was angry or feeling any extreme emotion.

He has a perfect unblemished skin that would put the term 'white as snow' to shame. His ip were plum and almost blood red in color. Some people even mistake him for a girl. All in all he looks nothing like they described him to be. And if people were to put a comparison, They would compare him to the muggle fairy tale princess, Snow White.

"Guess books aren't always right"

A comfortable silence soon enveloped them with the Malfoy heir also taking out his own book to read.

Halfway to the ride, the door to their compartment was once again opened, only this time to reveal bushy haired girl with a scared boy behind her.

"Have you seem a toad, Neville lost his" she gestured to the cowering boy.

Harry shook his head and looked at Draco who also shook his head before replying. "No, but if you want there's a spell that could help"

"Really? Then can you help me find y pet?" the boy who was quiet until now spoke and looked up with a hopeful expression in his eyes.

"Yeah, just tell me his name"

"Trevor"

Nodding, he opened his palms wide and muttered "Accio Trevor the toad" The others looked at him curiously waiting for what would happen next. A second later, a green toad came flying into their compartment and into his awaiting arms.

Smiling, he looked only to see them looking at him with shock and awe. "What?"

Draco was the first to snap out and looked at him exasperatedly. "You just did a wandless summoning charm and all you have to sat is 'what?' Are you kidding me?! "

"Not to mention that that spell will only be taught on our 4th year" the bushy haired girl added.

Shrugging, he made his way in front of the boy-Neville was it-and gave him the toad.

Smiling, the boy took it and nodded at him gratefully. "Thankyou"

"Don't mention it. By the way-" Harry looked at the girl " You mentioned Neville's name, but we never got yours"

"Oh sorry" she looked slight flustered in embarrassment before offering her hand, much like Draco did earlier. "Hermione Granger. By the way, do you mind if we stay here during the rest of the ride? The people in our compartment isn't really that friendly"

Taking her hand, he shook it and spoke "Harry Potter, and sure"