Broken Sticks (CC)

It all started by me walking up the stairs to listen to my boyfriend practice. I always liked "stalking" him while he played because he sounded so amazing. I heard him play a super fast beat and then he suddenly stopped.

"What is he doing?" I mumbled to myself.

"Come here Milan!" CC yelled, "I know you're there!"

Yes! My name is Milan, named after a city famous for fashion, not the disney chick.

Anyhoes, I opened the door to his practice room which was a spacious office filled with nothing but drum stuff and random junk.

"Yes, my dear sweet darling?" I answered as I walked in.

"Ew, first off I'm babe okay? Second, if you wanna listen just come in. Third, how many times have I told you this?"

"Too many," I replied, smiling.

"Whateves, I can't be mad at you for too long. I prefer for you to be happy so I can be happy," he smiled back, "Imma go downstairs and get a snack, you want anything?"

"Nope," I said.

"Popcorn for you then," he exited the room.

I was all alone in the huge office. I picked up CC's drumstick and lightly tapped it on one of the top drums. I then grinned and started to pretend I was a wizard. I waved my wand around and casted spells. That is, until I flung my wand across the room and it broke in two due to the impact it had from the wall.

"Crap! Crap! Crap!" I whispers/shouted to myself.

I soon heard heavy footsteps running up the stairs.

The door flung opened with a panting CC in the entrance, "Are you okay?"

I tried to hold back tears and thought, What if those were his favorite drums sticks, or if he has no other pair, or maybe those were his first pair?

I was so angry at myself that I shouted through my choked throat, "I-I'm so sorry! It h-hit the wall while I was playing and b-broke in two!"

"What?" CC didn't seem angry but more concerned, "What hit the wall?"

"Your drumsticks," I let one tear drip down my cheek.

"The ones I was playing with?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Y-yeah," I lowered my head and let a few more tears fall out.

"Milan," I could feel his arms wrap around me, "don't cry. Those were an old pair anyway. I was planning to get some new ones while we were out tomorrow anyway. It's okay."

"Really?" I lifted my head up and looked at him.

"Yeah," he hugged me tighter before releasing me.

I felt so relieved. But then-

"What were you doing with them anyway?" he smirked.

"Um," my face grew redder and redder by the second, "I was pretending to be a w-wizard."

He kissed me on the forehead, "Well, you're one badass wizard."