Chapter II

~Henrietta's POV

I prepared and went to the pack house with my friends, and Martha, the only Omega that smiles at us.

Our jobs in the pack are to take the trash out, clean the toilets and every other known gross job. We were made the lowest in our pack because we haven't shifted at eighteen. Even, the omegas treats us like poop. Our pack takes ranking seriously.

When we reached, Joe is already screaming at some poor guy. The guy was really shivering and shaking. I don't blame him, Joe can be intimidating. That's why he's the Head Omega, I guess. And he has turned to us, this can't be good.

"What are you standing there doing? Get into the kitchen and take care of it fast." He commanded.

We scurried out of his sight fast. We were not ready to get a headache or more, punishment.

"Why is he so angry." Stella asked. Then, she walked into the kitchen.

"Oh My God!" She shouted, eyes bulging out of their sockets.

Why would she be shouting that way, I wondered. I entered the kitchen only to see it in a terrible mess. It looks like a volcano of sauce exploded.

"It all make sense. Best way to celebrate the arrival of the Alphas." Winter murmured. I just signed and we set to work.

Martha wanted to help, but I told her to leave. I don't want her to trouble herself. That she was our friend is enough.

We swept and mopped, and took the trash out. The kitchen was sparkling when we finished.

Joe came in and saw that we were done. He told us to go and serve the food. I wondered why, because it's the omegas that does that.

"You're wondering why am telling you three to serve. Well, it will do good to boost the image of our, won't it?" He said looking at us. We waited for him to continue.

"Well, just imagine yourselves as Alphas visiting a pack. Then, three girls with sharp colour contrast but unique combination serve you. Nice right?" Joe asked.

"So you're using us 'cause of our features. Is that not exploitation?" Winter asked disgusted.

"Call it whatever you may. Alpha's order. Now chop chop." He said clapping. Then, he left.

This is another thing we face in the pack. They are always using us to 'boost pack image'. Well, you can say we're unique.

I had wavy, raven black hair with sea blue eyes that stands out, and tanned skin. While Stella has curly auburn hair, that aflame under the sun, with light green eyes and light skin. And Winter has straight white hair, hence the name Winter, it kinda click. With silver eyes and really pale skin.

"We should really consider running away from this pack." Winter said. I shared a look with Stella, because we had talked about it before. But, Winter was all, we shouldn't run away from our problem kinda thing. She was headstrong.

We can't change whatever is happening to us now. We can't even shift, like they thought. So serving food it is.

Joe told us previously that the guests will eat in the royal hall. It's the place kept for special guests to eat.

When we reached the hall, Stella started shaking almost spilling the food out of her tray.

"There is so much power emitting from that room. I don't th-think I can go-go-go in th...ere." Stella stammered.

"We are all nervous Stella. You will do just fine. They might not take interest in us. Come on now." Winter assured Stella, more like herself.

"Actually, it's my wolf causing this reaction from me. I don't understand why. Do any of you know why?" Stella asked.

"I don't know." Winter answered.

"Me neither." I also answered.

"What are you girls doing out here? Get in there and SERVE!" Alpha commanded us in a very harsh low tone.
I guess he couldn't afford the guests hearing him.

We entered and served. Stella was fidgety throughout, I really have to question her. We were done in record time.

They commented on our looks saying how blessed our pack is to have us. How sweet, I thought. I wish they choke, but a death wish isn't good. Apart from that, we weren't scolded or scuffed , how relieving.

When we left , Stella dashed to the kitchen. What has gotten into her, I thought.

"Mate." She said looking at us. I looked at her. I guess I had the ' are you going insane ' look on my face. Because she started to explain.

"I think one of the Alphas is my mate. That's why I was nervous." She cried out. Why was she crying, an alpha means she can be saved from this horrible pack. But, how did she know.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"Becky told me." She answered.

"Do you know what an alpha mate means. It means that he would take you out of here. Don't cry bestie. You're gonna make us cry." Winter told her while cleaning her tears.

"What are we going to do now?" Stella asked.

"Not we, Stella, not we but you. You are going to meet him." I said.
Stella tried to talk but I cut her off saying,
"We are going to make out a way for you to meet whoever."

Stella just sat down on the chair and started crying again just as the Joe walked in.

"What's going on here?" He asked looking around the kitchen.

"None of your business." I answered him. I didn't know where the courage came from.

He just glared at me and told us that the Alpha said we should prepare the pack food. He also said we shouldn't bother cleaning the royal hall, that the omegas will do that. He finished talking and left.

"Is he gone?" Stella asked us wiping her eyes.

"Yes. And can you tell us why you started crying when we said you should meet your mate." I asked her.

"How many people did you serve and what are their ranks?" She asked.

"Six Alphas and one Beta." Winter answered.

"Good. How many Alphas were meant to be there?" She asked.

"Seven I guess." Winter answered

"Good. Which Alpha was missing?"

*****

✓joyjonas9