5 Shopping for graves

I parked in front of the hospital the sun was setting. I went in and asked one of Lyan's doctor's about how he was doing. Apparently he had lost a lot of blood and his blood type is rare so I had too quickly arrange two more bottles of blood. I wanted to scream but I just nodded calmly.

     I called Davis. "Hey Dave".
         "Yes Violet?"
          "Lyan's condition is really bad we need more blood. Can you please check out the blood bank? And please tell Linda everything".
            "Okay I will get right to it".
             I was about to hang up when Davis yelled at me to wait.
             "Violet there is a problem....
              " What?".
              "Well......as soon as I told Linda about Lyan's condition she just strode out without letting me explain further, and I think she is coming to the hospital".
             "It's okay I will manage things at my end".
             I hung up. There was a slight tap on my shoulder,it was one of the nurses. She was a young woman maybe in her mid twenties. She smiled cheerily at me and said "Are you miss Violet?".

         "Yes can I help you?".

          "Please follow me". With that she walked ahead and I followed closely behind. We crossed a few hallways and reached deeper into the hospital. Then after a while we came to the backdoor of the hospital. We stepped outside by now I was confused.

      Finally the nurse said to me "Which place and don't be shy". She said while pointing at the ground her back was turned and I couldn't see her. I realized that this place was probably a garden which no one cared about anymore. So naturally now it was just soil and a few patches of grass here and there. A perfect spot for a grave........

        "Excuse me?".I asked. Before I could blink there was a hand closing on my throat. I could see that the nurses face was now burned and  her hands had black long and sharp claws. Her skin was melting and at some spots there were Ignious rock stuck in her skin. In the place of her eyes there were earth worms crawling. Her hair were black fire. If you looked into them you could see your worst nightmares. Then her long snake tongue came out and licked my face and said "I told you not to be shy".

       I could see dark spots. My mind went to panic mode. She was a Lairak the lowest form demon. I had to do something. There was only one way now that she already had me in her clutches. I focused (it was quite a feat). After a while the veins on my hands bulged and blue fire ignited in my palms the Lairak shrieked and left me.

      I launched an attack but she dodged it then she conjured her spear. I again launched at her this time she dodged and quickly hit me with the side of her spear in the guts. It knocked the wind out of me and I was thrown far away like a rag doll. My head hitted a stone and for a few seconds I went blind. Slowly my vision cleared and the Lairak was right in front of me ready to launch her spear when I smiled and said "Gotcha".

      She seemed confused and in that time I grabbed her face with my hand my whole palm covering her face and I squeezed and her face crumbled and turned into sand. The rest of her body fell to the ground. Blood oozed out of her head. This lady was possessed and in order to kill the demon I had to kill her too. She was nearing her expiry date anyway. Because Lairaks only are able to posses those who are about to die that is when i looke at her ID there was a small paper stuck on the back saying O negative. I smiled an idea just clicked. I tore the plastic wrap from my clothes and stored her blood. It would easily be two bottles.

              Just then my phone rang it was Davis. "Hello?".
  "Uh yeah Violet there might be a problem arranging the blood. It might take a while".

         "Leave it I have already arranged it".

        "Really? From where?".

         "Dead nurse. Who was recently possessed".

        "What?!".
         "Bye". I hung up I just didn't had the energy to explain I was drained from channeling. I stashed the body in a safe place I would take care of that later. I rush inside the hospital with the blood and handed it to the doctor. For a few minutes he just looked me up and down in shock. It looked like he wanted to call the police. He just awkwardly took the blood from me and left.

      I went and sat down for a while before stealthily sneaking back. I dug a deep deep whole with the energy that I was left with and buried the nurse. Prayed for her and left.

       I was back in the hallway now I saw Linda standing with a half furious look and half worried look on her face. She strode towards me and started hitting me on the chest shrieking and yelling like a hysteric. As if I was the murderer of her husband. "It is all your fault!" She shrieked. I just let her hit me since I didn't had the energy to stop her and it would help her get rid of her anger, and maybe also because deep down I was slightly guilty.......

       When Linda was done I sat down. There were two blue bruises on the skin over my collar bone. She refused to talk to me, it was night time and so I passed out sitting on the chair.

      It was dawn by the time I woke up. I grabbed coffee and decided to go home to change up and go to my office. I ditched school today. After changing up I went to my office. There wasn't a lot of work most of it was usually handled by my two trust worthy assistants.

       One of my assistants, Nimal came in. She was eastern in her mid twenties,a very dependable women she was good natured and beautiful she had a very good education, she was a graduate from institutions such as Yale. I highly trusted and respected her. She was one of those two or three mortals who knew about my abilities.

     "Madam Violet?".
     "Yes Miss  Nimal?"
      "Should I advertise for the position of second assistant?".
       Oh yeah I almost forgot that my second assistant Angelica had recently resigned. She didn't knew about me. Only Nimal knew. It was an accident. So I taught her how to defend herself from spiritual creatures.

          "Yes please sure".

          At around noon I left to go home. Mrs. Martin called to tell me to inform me that Lyan had been discharged and that he was home and resting. I thanked her. When I was home I silently went up to my room. I was going to rest for a while. I knew that I had a lot of explaining to do and I decided to start conserving my energy.