Chapter 2

"You look excited, Iz!" Hannah says as I climb into the back of her convertible, and I blush at her calling me out.

"And why do you say that?" I ask, grinning at her through her overhead mirror.

"I don't know, you just look happy! Did something happen?" She asks me, her eyebrows raised.

"Can't a girl look happy?" I ask jokingly, fidgeting with one of the rips in my jeans. I wanted to tell her, but Henry said that we weren't allowed to say anything to the public, as apparently Gary, (the Director) had said that he had a set date where he would reveal the cast.

Hannah just laughed, and I leaned back on the seat, letting the warm end of Summer air envelope me.

. . .

The final bell of the day finally rang, and I began to pack up my back as students began to leave the classroom.

"School's finally over for the day!" One of my friends Colten replied next to me, causing me to jump.

"Col, you scared me!" I answered, and he just laughed. Rolling my eyes, we walk out of the building together, and I wave goodbye to him once I see Hannah's open-roof car.

Hopping into the car, Hannah quickly backs out and drives me home, where I soon flop onto my bed, leaving my mountain of Homework for later.

. . .

"Izzy! Are you ready for the reading?" Maddy says, bursting into my room, only to find no one in the bed.

"I'm in here!" I yell from the doorway of the Bathroom.

"You look cute Iz!" Maddy compliments me as she looks at my choice of clothing, which consists of a Light Tan, Flowy Sweater, paired with my favorite Ripped Jeans, and White Old Skool Vans.

"Thanks," I answer, turning my attention to the curling iron in my hand as I wrapped another strand around it.

"So, are you excited?" She asks, situating herself onto the bathroom counter.

"Yeah!" I answer back, turning off the hot iron and spraying my dark hair. "I've always loved doing Movies, as it was like getting a whole new Family! Plus, it's going to end up being a party!"

I turn to Maddy, and grab her hand, pulling her down the stairs to the kitchen, where we are greeted by the amazing smell of fresh Banana Bread. I grab a slice, and because the Table-Reading was at 10, my Mom obligated to keep me home for the day.

Around 9:15, Maddy and I decide to leave for Gary's, and I give my Mom a quick hug, grabbing my phone for the Counter, and join Maddy in the car.

We pull up 40 minutes later, and I wave goodbye to her, knowing that she'll end up coming to grab me, knowing that she won't miss a chance to meet my new castmates.

I take a deep breath and quickly knock on the door in front of me, beginning a new chapter in my life.