Demands and Accusations

With the sunshine slithering away from the tops of all the houses and buildings, it was definitely a view not to be missed. Maddy stood on her balcony, high above the ground and all the houses that didn't have enough money to afford a view quite like this. With the sun warming her irresistibly tanned face, her baby blue eyes silently slid away from the stunning view and turned to face her luxurious king sized bed.

Maddy's loose floral dress swayed and dragged on the polished floor as she made her way towards her intriguing bed. For it was not the bed itself that intrigued her but the content which now mysteriously lay on it. Her well manicured hands picked up the note and read:

I know it's been a while but I always keep my promises. Trust me, you're gonna want to read this
Truly yours, anonymous

Maddy's life had taken a turn for the worst once she had sacrificed herself to save her beloved kidnappers. She had been banned from leaving the house, attending school and meeting with anyone in general. The only thing that was keeping her sane was the incredible view that her humble balcony gave her of civilisation. She had been taken away from the junior FBI program and was absolutely miserable. But this was a few years ago. Maddy is still under house arrest by her over protective parents and so she finished high school by herself, graduated by herself and is now getting prepared for the online job interview by herself.

Maddy's face was streaked in tears and her running mascara was a mess. Her body was trembling violently from head to toe and she couldn't help it when her breathing started to increase. She had opened the package and what was inside had broken her again. Throughout the first year, she spent every single day for the rest of the year searching madly for that one piece of treasure that changed her life and now it was just sitting there, in her hands.

After thinking over it a thousand times Maddy was furious, he had after all tried to manipulate her to marry him just for the sake of taking over his fathers business . . . But he didn't . . . But he was going to. In other words, she was completely and utterly in denial. She had forced herself to forget all about him, to forget all about all of them . . . Every single one. She was happy at where she was today, she moved on and she was succeeding in life but this . . .  Broke her all over again.

She ran her hands over the cover of the old, black, leather diary over and over again. She ached and pained but she regained control after a few minutes before flipping to the very first page.

I'm only doing this for you mother. If you want to know how everything's doing then here you go. She arrived . . .

Maddy shut the book and blinked away the tears. She couldn't, she wouldn't go back. It was truly hard for her to read over what this cruel monster had intended, but this cruel monster had showed her love and warmth which was something she never experienced by her own cold hearted family.

Click, clack, click clack. As this familiar sound of doom approached, she fled towards her drawer and hid this piece of treasure underneath her piles of makeup products and turned just in time to face a very cruel looking women.

"Well, Maddy. How was it?" She didn't bother to notice her daughters puffy, red eyes or distressing calm expression.
"How is what, mother?" Maddy forced herself to smile just enough to convince her mother that she was fine.
"Your interview of course. How did it go? You must've got the job, I'm sure of it." her mother sighed and changed the weight from one foot to another.
"Oh mother, it hasn't started." Maddy avoided all eye contact as her eyes slid to her computer which was now silently ringing from her interview.
"Well, make it quick and do get the job." just like that, the spawn of Satan disappeared after giving her daughter a disapproving look.

Maddy sighed, threading her hands through her hair in frustration she accepted the call and sat down to face a very handsome looking man. Strong jawline, firm cheekbones and his defined piercing blue eyes of familiarity stared right into her as she put on her best fake smile.

"Hello, Mr. Quidx. Thank you so much for having me under very unique circumstances and I'm terribly sorry that I kept you waiting, a personal matter was at hand." Maddy scanned his face, trying to remember exactly where she had seen his face before.
"You always surprise me, miss Madeline." there was a glint in his young face that Maddy just couldn't miss.

"Anyways, lets get started shall we? That is, if your able to continue." he raised his eyebrows slightly as if mocking her.
"Of course, ask away." she returned just as mockingly.
"Now, as you know we are a very feared and well known multimillion dollar business and if I am to recruit you, as head, I would like to know how your assistance can help benefit and improve our company?" He softened as she remained silent.
"Well, Mr. Quidx, I would say that my assistance can help improve your company in many ways starting from financially to deliveries or . . ." Every word she said from then was fading slightly until she was speechless. She was in no state of having a normal conversation with someone after what she had just discovered.

"I'm sorry but I cannot continue . . . I'm very sorry." she shut the laptop abruptly and screamed into her pillow as her worries were drowned into her sobbing. After a few minutes the click clacking of doom reached her room and was absolutely disgusted to find out that she failed. Maddy was dragged downstairs by her mother who showed no mercy at all.
"David, it's time." Her mother's fiery eyes looked down on Maddy as she ordered her husband to make the calls.

"Wonderful!" Came her fathers hesitant voice.
"Excellent!" After another minute of listening.
"Marvellous!" Sending Maddy a nervous glance.
"Thank you . . . She'll be looking forward to it, we all will." he cut the call and stared at Maddy as her mother clapped in happiness and disappeared into her room.
"I'm so sorry, my sweetest. I still love you." David kissed his daughter's forehead and retreated off into his own room, hands threading through his hair.

Note from Author:
This is the first chapter of the 2nd book. Thank ya'll for reading this. What do you think the phone call was about?? Do you think Maddy's mother is really cruel? And what are your opinions on David, is he a good father?? Stay tuned for my next chapter of Truth after Lies.