Prologue

Two years ago - 2010

Jaida

Looking outside my window late at night, daydreaming about how my life would be one day. I always dreamt of having a lavish life somewhere in New York. I've had these dreams since I was a little girl. But it was hard to believe if I was ever gonna make it out of Detroit.
It was very hard growing up here. For the last 3 years my family and I have been living in shelters and with family members. Ever since my father left us, our home life has been in shambles. I couldn't believe my father left his family without a dime to our name. Suddenly bright lights flashed across my face knocking me out of my trance.
"Get the fuck off of me" My mother cried helpless.
I instantly ran out of my room & seen my mother faced down as she was getting arrested.
"You have the right to remain silent" The cop said as they read her the Miranda rights.
When she looked up, she could see me on my knees bawling my eyes out. I felt helpless because I didn't understand why she was being arrested.
As I finally stood up with tears in my eyes, I could feel Q's arms wrap around around me. He hugged me tight as they led our mother out to the squad car. Our mother glanced over to us & tears just fell from her eyes.
"Quincey please take care of your sister." "Make sure you look after her." She said.
"I promise I will mama." "I just dont know what the fuck is going on" Q spat
"Dont worry about it". "Just take your sister & get out of Detroit." "Its nothing else here for you two." She said as they pulled off.
As Q led me back into the house, he broke down & cried but quickly stopped.
"I got you Jai." "I promise I won't go anywhere." He said as he walked back to his room.
I looked up & wiped the tears from my eyes & smiled. I was glad that I still had my brother with me. I just couldn't face the fact that I had no parents. All I could think of is how much hell I've been through my whole life.
Keenon
image
As I sat up on ma bed. rolling up my blunts, I look over to see this big booty bitch still laying beside me.
"Aye you gotta get the fuck outta here yo" "Aint no sleepovers bitch" I said as I placed the blunt to ma lips.
"What nigga" the girl said angrily.
"Bitch you heard what the fuck I said." "All I wanted was some pussy, now you gotta bounce dat ass from round here." "Moms don't play that sleep over shit" I spat.
"You bitch ass nigga, fuck you" she yelled.
"Thats why yo dick game aint fuckin with them crip niggas" she laughed as she exited the room.
"Bitch what did you say?" I said as I chased after the bitch.
All of a sudden I felt somebody reach out & grabbed my arm.
"Nigga let that lil sack chaser go" said my big bruh Game.
"You catching feelings over the neighborhood bitch?" "Man I thought you was Young Gangsta" he laughed.
"Nigga I am." "The fuck you talking about. I aint chasing after no hoes" I said laughing.
Then we heard a high pitched woman's voice.
"Keenon! Jayceon! Get yall black asses in here now" the woman said.
"Whats up ma" Game said.
"What the fuck did I tell you two mothafuckas about having these fast ass hoes in my house?" she spat.
"Sorry mama. It wont happen again" I said.
"Dont disrespect my house again mothafuckas." "Yall gone end up just like ya punk ass daddy" she yelled as she slammed her bedroom door in our faces.
Man I couldnt wait to get the fuck outta this house. All she do is bitch & moan about who the fuck I got in this hellhole. She be on my shit cause now Game got me bangin & shit. Who gives a fuck about what I do outside her crib. As long as she get her money she straight. It aint even her crib, this shit belongs to section 8 anyways.
Fuck it Ima continue to smoke my blunt & take my black ass back to sleep. As I laid down, all I could think of is actually gettin out the game & findin me a shorty I could kick it wit. Knowin me, my ass aint changin for no damn body & I mean that shit.