Chapter 6

Jaida

A few weeks later, I found myself at the hospital 24/7. My upcoming trip to Detroit was coming up in a few days. I felt guilty for leaving Q but my mother’s health was failing terribly. Luckily Keenon was accompanying me on the trip. I felt the nurse tap me on the shoulder, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes Im fine. I just wish he would come out of this alive."

"He will. You gotta have faith in his recovery."

I smiled at the nurse as he took his vital signs.

"He’s responding nicely to the medication."

"Thats good. Im just still shaken up from this."

The doctor walked in the room & looked at Q’s helpless body. I hated seeing doctors because it was always some bad shit planning to happen.

"Well his surgery was a success. He wont be able to breathe on his own for awhile since part of his lung was detached. But the sedation should wear off in a few days."

"Thank you doctor."

As both the nurse and the doctor walked out, Liyah & Keenon walked in.

"Hi baby. Hi Liyah."

I hugged both of them & I sat on Keenon’s lap. I still had to find somebody to sit up here & watch Q while I was out of town.

"I gotta find somebody to watch Q. I need updates & K.Dot is leaving for a show."

"Dont worry girl, I got you."

I looked at Liyah confusingly. She was such a selfish person but when it came to Q, she was all over it.

"Are you sure? I need a responsible person."

"Bitch what you tryna say? Im not trustworthy? Who the fuck you think kept yall lil fling a secret?"

"Okay damn calm down. If I didnt know, I’d take it you were in love with Q."

Kee & I laughed while she started fidgeting with her fingers. I look at her & I spazzed the fuck out.

"Bitch you love my brother? Liyah man no. No man no!"

"No what?"

"You fucked him didnt you?"

Liyah started getting nervous. I knew something was up between them two over the past couple of weeks but I wouldve never thought.

"See nobody said anything about fucking nobody."

"What about K.Dot?"

"I like him alot."

Keenon seen the argument was getting serious so he excused himself out of the room.

"You cant just play with somebody’s emotions like that, Liyah."

"Im not. I cant help who I love. I just so happen to be feelin both right now so Im weighing my options."

"I-I cant even seem to face you right now."

I snatched my bag & started walking out of the room when I turned around & looked at her.

"You’re so pathetic. Grow up."

Liyah knew how I felt about her messing with my brother. Maybe I did jump to conclusions. I just dont want it to be awkward in the circle.

Getting into Kee’s car, I buckled up & started crying.

"Baby why are you crying?"

"Because everything is so messed up. My life in general. I dont know why you’re with me."