Just Listen ~ Chapter 17

SO because I am so awesome and I owe you guys, I've decided to update two times in one day! Here is the next chapter! I hope you guys like it! The next one will be the final one, so I am going to work longer/harder on that one! Enjoy it and hopefully you like it! :D Thanks for all the feedback!

Chapter 17

I sat down glaring daggers at the mail, I had just received the tickets had sent me and it was already Monday. I set down the tickets as I looked down at the new piece of jewelry that had made it's way on my ring finger. Matt's engagement ring. I hadn't said yes, but I hadn't said no either. Matt was going to give me until tomorrow to finally decide, I smiled to myself, every piece of deadline was tomorrow. I felt something wet on my leg as I looked down to see Oliver was holding his empty food bowl, "Oh gosh, I'm sorry Oliver, mommy is not fully here today." I replied as I grabbed the empty food bowl and put some of his favorite food in the dish as I set it in front of the tv. I went back into the kitchen as I threw the tickets into an empty drawer. I wasn't going to go obviously, but I couldn't make myself throw them away either. I went back over to the sink, I had approximately an hour before my next class started as I started doing the dishes, my eyes kept glancing towards the ring on my finger. Of course I loved Matt, but did I love him enough to marry him? I was only nineteen too.

I put my hand in front of my face as I admired the ring, it was beautiful. Matt was kind, he was handsome, he was hearing impaired just like me. He's been in my life as long as Olivia has been, he loved me and he would never hurt me. He was the safe option, the option that was right, then why did my heart ache at the thought of being married to Matt? I dropped the dish in my hand as I watched it make a soundless crash on the floor, nothing reached my ears. Matt was hearing impaired and I was deaf, we'd make a perfect couple. I sighed as I grabbed the broom from the pantry and swept up the broken dish from the floor. Marrying Matt would be the right choice, it would be the safe choice.

"I love Matt, he's the right choice." I said to myself as I cleaned up the mess. I walked back to my room as I gathered up all my things for class, "Oliver, I'm going to say yes to Matt." I said to the little dachshund who just tilted his small little head as I grabbed my violin case and messenger bag. I kissed the little dog, walked to the kitchen drawer, I took the tickets and threw them in the trash. I was going to tell Matt I would marry him, I would go to the showcase tomorrow and I would have a happy life. Olivia was wrong. I would not be living a miserable life, I did not love Harry anymore.

****

"I better not be late," I said to myself as I pulled my messenger bag over me and put all my music notes for the showcase today as I stuffed them in my case. Oliver was jumping around all over the place as I was running late and it was not a good day to be late since I had the showcase today. I quickly ran and grabbed the toast that was burning in the toasted, spreading some cream cheese as I ran to change into my dress for the showcase. I stuffed the toast in my mouth just as quickly as I put the dress over my head. I looked at the time with wide eyes, I had about thirty minutes to get to the place before the showcase started and the bus usually took twenty minutes to get there. I slipped on my heels and grabbed my violin case whilst grabbing the pink trash bag that was in the kitchen. "Bye Oliver! Have a good day!" I said as I kissed the puppy on the head as I ran out the door and set the trash outside my door, my neighbor Sam was kind enough to take out my trash today.