6. The Beast's Arrival

Folding one hand behind his back, Iyaz kept his gaze fixated on the building far away from his office's window and ran his other hand through his locks. His mind was completely occupied by the seriousness of Mahira being on her own. He had never let her travel alone, yet suddenly, she was all on her own, without him, It both terrified and angered him.

Standing on the cold floor, with the night sky peering down at him, Iyaz heard his mobile phone ring and clenched his jaw. Nadia wanted him to travel to her home town to meet his in-laws. She claimed that this was what Shahmeer had wanted. He had yelled at her before for using such frustrating tactics, had told her how he didn't want to be bothered until he found Mahira, but that woman just didn't care. It fumed him so much.

Simply sending a message to his pilot to book tickets for him, Nadia and Shahmeer, he kept staring out of the window...wondering why exactly did Mahira leave. She had taken his heart along. He needed to know why she had suddenly forgotten about how much he cared-who had been filling her mind with nonsense!

Morning arrived early, with not a blink lost in sleep. And Iyaz now sat agitated on his living room's sofa, his temper ricocheting towards extreme heights, fists uncurling and curling, as he waited for Jehan to show up with the latest updates on his wife. However, before he could completely flip out and start growling out orders, Jehan rushed into his mansion, with a purpose in his steps.

"Sir," Jehan smiled at his sight. "I have found her location."

"Confirm?" He growled, abruptly standing on his feet and cupping his wrists anxiously.

"Yes, Sir," Jehan nodded with a gulp, watching as his boss now began walking towards his in a threatening manner.

"For your sake, you better be. Now send me the details on my phone."

"Yes, Sir."

Finally, it was time to bring back Mahira

*****

The attic had become a little spot for Huma and I. We would spend hours looking at different collectables of the family. Sana, Pinky, Huma...I had been welcomed into the family with open arms. My days, they were spent enjoying rich farm life.

An hour had now passed since Huma and I had been sitting in the attic, sharing childhood stories and bonding. Her stories had revealed such a big part of Pinky's rough past that I couldn't help but feel my heartache for her. She had been wounded so many times.

"Wait!" Huma suddenly jumped. "Someone's banging on the main door!"

"What? How can you possibly hear that from-" Wait, she was right. Someone, down below, was harshly banging on the main door. The echoes of the loud fist hitting against solid wood could even be heard from up here.

Sharing a look, Huma and I immediately headed out of the door and rushed towards the main door. With it hinges nearly out of its place, we watched Sana and Pinky standing before the- nearly wrecked-main door, nervously peering at it. If this had been a shabby door, it would have been broken in seconds by the intensity of the hits, yet because the door seemed to be made up of fine wood, so it was taking time to be completely pulled away from its hinges.

"Who's out there?" Huma fearfully asked, stepping closer towards her mother.

Pinky's eyes widened at the sight of her sister and me.

"You," she nearly yelled at me. "Go hide!" What?

However, before I could comply, the door finally separated from its hinges and collapsed. Not sparing it even a single glimpse, my gaze widened at the reason behind the havoc; Iyaz. What was he doing here? What was the meaning of this? Did something go wrong back at home?

Staring at him with utter confusion, yet sheer surprise, I watched as Iyaz's eyes narrowed at my sight and he clenched his jaw.

"You dared to leave?" He sneered, stepping inside the house. Huh? I was literally frozen by the sudden flow of emotions. Iyaz was here for me, but why? I thought he would be happy that I was finally out of his life; he had to be secretive because of me. Yet, here he was, looking ever so dangerous and different. It just didn't make any sense.

Standing completely lost in my tangled train of thoughts, I finally snapped out of it when I saw Pinky moving to come to stand in front of me.

"Leave her alone-" However, before Pinky could fully come to my defence, a few lady guards emerged from behind Iyaz and took hold of Sana, Huma and Pinky, dragging them out of the house.

"No, don't hurt them-" I was quick to spring for their defence but before I could even move, Iyaz raised one hand up and stepped in my way.

With the audience gone, a rather concerned look appeared in Iyaz's gaze as he firmly asked, "What happened? Why did you leave me?" It was so hard to see him again, and be reminded of how brutally he had crushed my soul. I still cared for him, but he didn't-doesn't.

I could hear the sound of Pinky, Sana and Huma harshly protesting from outside. A loud sound that sounded akin similiar to the sound of a slap horrified my heart. Immediately folding my arms in alarm, I faced Iyaz and yelled out loud. "Iyaz, what is the meaning of this? What are you doing here? Leave my friends alone! The lady guards are hurting them!" I emphasized, yet he didn't listen. His gaze roared with a fiery temper and then he curled his fists.

"Time to end these childish antics, Let's go back home." he simply announced, offering me his hand to hold as he turned back towards the door again. He seemed to think that he could simply scold me...and I would listen, again. My resolve to fight strengthened at that.

I immediately moved away and glared harshly in contempt, confusion and a bizarre sensation. "Iyaz, what's going on?! I left, just like you wanted. I know I should have confronted you face to face, but I know about your other family. I know about your lies and all those fake promises. I am not even a part of your happy family. You don't need me. so what's the point of this charade?" I demanded, not comprehending all that was happening. He didn't care, so why do all this?

"You are not part of it?!" He reiterated, abruptly halting to stop and turning back towards me. "My family is only YOU!" He claimed. "And If you don't come with me, these people will suffer." He threatened aggressively.

This was a mess.

My eyes widened in shock. I felt caught-off-guard. Iyaz wasn't supposed to react this way...to be this threatening and aggressive. His choices had made it clear that I meant nothing to him. I was just a burden. Then why was he playing the act like this? I had tried to let him go, yet he couldn't just keep coming back. It made no sense, and I felt even more pained at the thought of caring for someone, who treated me like trash.

Knowing that I had to choice but to listen, because I couldn't let a family who had been so kind to me become a victim of my choices, I finally slumped my shoulders and nodded while looking at the floor.

"Okay." I agreed. Yet just as he was about to lead me out of the house, I quickly spoke, "But I have a condition. Pinky and her family will stay here, unharmed." I made him promise.

He met my gaze with a stoic expression, then gave me one sharp nod.

"Okay." I knew he was a man of his words, so his response calmed my nerves. At least, Pinky and his family weren't going to suffer because of me.

As I walked outside to follow him towards his Lamborgini, he turned to give me an approving smile.

"Good. I know you have had a tiring little adventure, but, our kingdom's little rebel, it is time to go home. "

a/n: thank you so much for reading, voting and commenting. For sneak peeks, Q and As, questions about this story, you can follow me on twitter. 

Have an awesome day

Q1. What do you think?

Hope you enjoyed this early update!

Iyaz...he is soo messed up. But, he is the hero. Sigh! What was I thinking when writing this novel. Oh, well..