8. His Reality

Shattered and confused, I found myself holding on to the car seat as Iyaz drove me straight to his office and led me straight to his empty waiting room. I had no idea what going on his mind. After having me sit on a couch, he simply left.

My heart...I didn't know what to feel. Scared, tormented, overwhelmed and confused...I had no idea what was my husband was going to do. I was worried for Pinky's family so didn't dare defy Iyaz's instructions. He wanted me to stay here. Soon, after minutes of leaving me to just think, he then showed up again with a file.

"I am so glad I keep a record of my investments." He gave me a rather crooked smile.

Frowning, I peered down at the file and back at him. "What's going on?"

"Nothing, Mahira. First, tell me what the heck was up with that childish act?" he scolded while lowering his gaze towards the file and skimming through its pages in a business-like manner. He was in work-mode now,

"Childish antics?" I gave a bitter chuckle. "Realizing you never cared, that you lied, have another family and have been just wasting my time is not a childish epiphany. "

"Who the heck gave you that absurd idea that I don't care...that I lied?" He quickly walked up to me with a firm and stern look, seeming as if he didn't approve of me having such absurd thoughts.

"You," I retorted, feeling a bit intimidated by his attitude. "You think that you could hide the fact that you have another family. You never cared." Immediately his gaze blazed and his grip on the file tightened.

"I don't want to listen to such idiotic thoughts, ever again. I care, and even you can't change that." He reprimanded in a firm manner. He was making me feel silly and childish.

"Are you serious?!" I scowled.

"Extremely." This was insane. He was not even excusing for his cruel ways and blatantly had the audacity to scold me. Did he think I was so naïve that I would be even okay with his chauvinistic ways?

"I know about your other wife and kid," I emphasized once again, glaring at him. "You can no longer fool me. I know that I have been given you so many chances, but you can no longer treat me as a doormat" I announced.

"Still so innocente..." He simply chuckled in fondness and began reading pages from the file again.

What was he taking this seriously!

"Iyaz-"

"You don't need to stress yourself over my choices. Just know that I will protect you from any harm." He smiled. I scoffed at that. Seriously?

"Protect me?" I reiterated, rhetorically. "Stop lying to me. You care for your own self, and I am finally done with this. Just let me leave!"

"Lying to you?!" Immediately, his eyes flashed furious temper, his calmness vaporizing. "I don't lie. In fact, I think I am going to leave you here for a while to have you think over how foolish you acted today." He sneered. I trembled at his tone. He had never been this harsh and loud with me.

My eyes widened at that. "What?"

Still looking malicious and sinister, he threw the file before me and coldly gestured me to pick it up. I was seriously terrified at the moment; he seemed so heartless and dangerous. I couldn't even maintain a brave façade.

Not even daring to gulp, I hesitantly picked up the file and began reading it. I blanched at the context. According to this file, my grandmother owed Iyaz a lot of money. If we ever had a divorce, my grandfather was to lose the 20% of the share in Iyaz's family business and would have to pay back a lot of money to announce his exit before time. This was the reason my grandfather had arranged Iyaz and I to get married. I couldn't believe it. My grandfather had died, so that meant that now my father would have to pay back the money.