Epilogue

5 Years Later

After leading me towards my happily ever after, Iyaz had assured me that he had only left to take care of his mental mess and gear up to win me back. He was never going to stay away. We were back to being a sweet couple where he was the shield. Ever since realizing that he had been toxic, he had turned apologetic and strong-often crying while apologizing about how horrible he was. I had forgiven him.

Now putting a diamond stud earring on my left ear, I gasped upon having two tiny hands tug on my elbow and turned around. My two-year-old daughter 'Lulu', while rubbing her eyes, was sobbing cutely.

Immediately picking her up, I tilted her chin to peer into her eyes.

"What's wrong?" I cooed, causing her to simply sniff. Her actions making my heart sigh with awe. She was very friendly and soft-hearted. Iyaz couldn't help but pinch her cheeks whenever he held her; she was his little princess. Apparently, she had our entire household wrapped around her tiny fingers, and I didn't mind one bit. She was our little girl.

Soon, following after his little sister walked in'Shahmeer'. And just like Lulu, he grabbed my other arm.

"Mama Mahira, I broke Lulu's watch," he confessed. I loved it when he called me that. After his mother had abandoned him, I had insisted Iyaz to take him in. I knew how much Iyaz cared about Shahmeer, and that little boy was just as much a part of this family as Lulu.

"Aww, it's okay. I am pretty sure it was an accident," I softly consoled, sitting down on the floor to meet his height. I placed Lulu back on her feet and gently pushed her towards her brother.

"Just say sorry to your sister." I met Shahmeer's gaze with tenderness.

"I am sorry for breaking your toy," he spoke earnestly.

"It's okay," she replied, smiling widely.

Watching this cute exchange, I immediately got up and grabbed both of their hands. "Very good. Now let's have some chocolates."

"Mum," Lulu soon pulled away from me. "When is papa coming home?

"About any minute." However, before I could finish with my statement, we all heard the front door open and immediately Lulu and Shahmeer rushed towards it.

"Yay!!"

Chuckling at their antics, I slowly got up and followed after. By the time I reached the entrance, I saw Shahmeer and Lulu scooped up by Iyaz. He was carrying them towards our lounge.

He smiled widely at me.

"Want to head out for dinner?" He offered with enthusiasm.

"Sure." I agreed, watching with tenderness as Lulu happily clapped her hands.

"Papa," she spoke, as he placed both the kids down. "Did you know that I cried today?"

Immediately h eyes narrowed in ferocity as he heard that, and he bent down to match the level.

"What happened?" He sternly asked, making Lulu tell him the entire tale. Thankfully, after listening, his temper calmed down.

"Don't worry," he assured. "I will send Jehan to bring you both all that you want, okay?"

"Thank you!" Both Shahmeer and Lulu beamed with excitement and rushed towards the gaming room.

"Oh," Iyaz the looked up at me. "My doctor and his wife will be here at any minute. I will send the wives to the dining room, okay-"

"B-but, Iyaz," I began speaking, only to receive a firm, possessive glare from him.

"Understood?"He raised a stern eyebrow, making me sigh in defeat.