TORN APART

Have you ever been in a situation where you think fate just hates you, or maybe the universe decided to work against you.
Well.......! welcome on board!!

What did I do wrong?!

Why is this happening to me?!

Why can't I get my happy ending?!

These questions run through my mind as I sit in the park, Yes......., Mason kicked me out, he came back exactly an hour later to throw me out. He didn't even listen to me when I told him I had no where to go, he just threw out my stuff and slammed the door in my face.

It wasn't me, I didn't sleep with Dave, I would never!!, who would do this to me?! Maybe Kate and Helen, but all they wanted was for me to leave and I did, so what reason would they have to do this.

Mason said Dave confessed those lies to him so maybe he could tell me why he did it. I pulled out my phone and dialed Dave's number, Dave's a guy in department, we weren't close buddies but we were friends nevertheless. It rang continuously but he never picked up, so I left a message telling him we needed to talk urgently

I thought of my options, I couldn't call Raquel; she would want to come here immediately and I don't think it would be convenient for her to take a four hours journey back here. I couldn't go back home because I wasn't on good terms with Dad,  I had tried calling him earlier but he didn't pick up. I might be the daughter of a millionaire but I didn't have much money on me either,  It was getting late so I had to makeup my mind fast.

I got back into my car and browsed for some cheap hotels, I got one not too far away so I drove there.

When I got there, the receptionist said they were booked for the night, I almost cried in front of her. It was already getting dark and I had no where to go, I got back into my car and drove to another motel but it was also fully booked. Could this get any worse?!

I sat in my car crying my heart out when I remembered someone; Mrs Smith, I haven't spoken to her in a long time but she was the only one I could think of now, I picked up my phone and dialed her number, she picked up almost immediately,

"Hello?!, who is it?" she asked in her usual chirpy tone.

"Mr-Mrs Smith, it's me...Elisa" I replied, at first she didn't reply I could hear quietly mumbling to herself,  I prayed to the heavens that she had not forgotten me, she was only the one I had now.

"Elisa?!, Elisa Gardein?!" she asked, I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Yes ma'am" I replied.

"Oh!, oh my Elisa!, it's been so long sweetie." she replied, happiness evident in her voice.

"Yes Mrs Smith, it's been quite a long time." I replied

"What's wrong Elisa?, you don't sound well, are you sick?, Is that step mother of yours tormenting you?" she asked, of course she would notice I wasn't in the best of moods, Mrs Smith was my mom's best friend, she and my mom were really close until she died, Dad stopped me from visiting her and cut all ties with her for reasons unknown to me.

"No ma-" I wanted to reply but she cut me off.

"Don't you dare lie to me!, if that woman is bothering you, you let me know and I'll be there by morning." she stated, I knew she definitely wasn't bluffing, Mrs Smith knew Kate's true colors just as I did.

"Mrs Smith, I need a big favor from you." I said changing the subject, Kate wasn't my main issue right now.

"Go ahead, you know I'll do anything for you Elisa." she replied,