MR. MENTAL

As I stared at my engagement ring, a feeling of hope blossomed in me. Maybe he would listen this time, he would believe me and all this drama would be over.

"I would have loved to go with you and give this 'Mason' a piece of my mind but I think you can handle it." Mrs Smith said as she set out our breakfast.

"I hope so" I breathed out, I actually planned to go see Mason yesterday but she stopped me, she made realise we both needed time to think things through.

"Elisa" she placed her hand over mine, "I hope for the best too, but if things don't go as planned just know that you have your whole life ahead, don't get cold, things will get better."

At what cost, I want things to get better but not without him.

I smiled and nodded then began eating my breakfast, more like forced myself to swallow them, not because it wasn't delicious but I just didn't have the appetite, I knew I had to eat if I wanted to leave this house.

After my breakfast, I bade Mrs Smith or Jenna as she asked me to call her goodbye then left for the penthouse, it was 7:00am and Mason leaves for work at 8:00am so it was possible for me to see him before he leaves.

I was relieved to see his car when I parked mine, I said a little prayer before going into the building.

"Excuse me Miss." A voice said before I could enter the elevator, "Are you Miss Elisa Gardein."

"Yes, yes I am, can I help you?" I asked, I was careful not to go to close since I didn't know him.

"Miss, am sorry but I have direct orders from Sir Mason Valdine to not allow you into his apartment. He actually said to not allow you into the building." he replied.

I froze, I could feel the colour draining from my face, he wouldn't do that?, does he hate me that much now?!

"Miss please you have to leave?" he said again,

"Sir please, it's very important that I see him, I beg you." I cried

"Miss I'm only doing my job, to avoid embarrassment please walk out on your own." he replied more firmly.

I knew he was only doing his job but I couldn't give up yet, "Sir please,  I promise you won't lose your job if you just let me talk to him."

"Miss please exit the building." his tone left no room for argument so I did, I left and was walking back to my car to wait for Mason when another voice called me.

"Miss Elisa" Another man called out, I looked at him and realise it was the Doorman, I recognized him from the other day.

"Good day Sir, can I help you?" I asked once he was close by.

"Good day, I overheard your discussion with the security officer, it's true that Sir Mason banned you from here." he replied,

I nodded, "I know, I Know, you don't have to kick me out, I'll wait outside till he comes out."

"That would be in vain because Sir Mason isn't even here."

What?!

"Did he move out?" I asked, I hope he didn't, that would only make things harder.

"No Miss, but he didn't come back yesterday." he said,

That's not like him, Mason always comes home, Maybe he's on a business trip, yes.......that could be it!

"Thanks a lot sir." I replied, he nodded and walked away.

I got back into my car defeated, the little bit of hope I had was crushed, I tried to make myself believe that he was on a business trip but other thoughts kept popping up, what if he's with someone else?