Take a chance.

I saw aunt clarrise standing outside the big house looking grim, so I decided to walk over.

"Hey aunty C, whats up?" I asked.

"Nothing kid..Everythings good." She said with a small smile.

Thats when I heard the crying.

"Is..that my dad crying?" I asked worridly running up to the door.

"Luke! Don't go in there right now pal!" She said but I was already through the door.

All of the seven, (which was a rare sight to see now a days) were sitting at the main table. Including Nico, Will and Grover.

Percy

I tried to stop the tears, but I couldn't. It was the anniversary of Malakais death. I woke up crying and hadn't stopped since. Thank gods Luke had slept over at the Hades cabin with Amora.

I didn't want him to see me like this.

My sobs we're starting to become hoarse, and my throat hurt like hell.

"Percy..you need to calm down." Jason said rubbing my back.

I let my head thump to the table as I countinued to wail.

"Dad?"

I didn't even have the heart to lift my head up.

What a father I was.

"Hey! Lukester! Wanna go blow up a few watermelons at the demeter cabin?" Leo asked standing up and walking over to him.

Thank gods for Leo.

"No. What's wrong with my dad?" He insisted.

Damn me and Jason for passing our big three stubbornness to our son.

"I'm fine Luke..my old math teacher..she died." I said my voice cracking.

"Oh yeah?" He asked his voice skeptical "what was her name?"

"Ms.dodds." I said which called Annabeth to let out a suprised giggle. She had to put her head down as well her shoulders shaking from laughter.

"Percy but Ms.Dodds is a fur-" Grover started.

"Grover!" Nico hissed kicking him under the table.

"Ok can somebody tell me what's going on?" Luke pleaded.

"Jason. You can go tell him." I said shakily.

"You sure?" He asked.

"Yes..Just take him outside." I said my head still resting on the table.

As soon as they got outside Annabeth lifted her head almost crying with laughter.

"Ms.Dodds Percy?!" She asked.

Grover started to laugh to.

I giggled a bit tears still running down my face.

"Hey it was quick thinking ok? I'm not good at that." I said with a small sniffle.

The door flew open and Luke ran into my arms. I wrapped my arms around him, "Hey pal.. it's ok." I said with a sniffle.

"I'm sorry that happened dad." He said burying his face into my shoulder.

"It's ok.. I'm fine.." I assured him.

Luke

If my dad's we're brave enough to fight through two wars, than I could be brave enough to ask out my best friend.

I kissed my dad's cheek wiping away his tears.

"I'll be back." I said with a nervous smile.

And with that I bolted out the door.

Word count:491