Betrayal

I ran throughout the whole camp just looking for that beautifull smile. Maybe she would say yes! And even if she didn't, its not like she would shun me or anything. I would suffer through just being friends.

What could possibly go wrong?

~~~~~~

Everything went wrong.

~flashback~

I sprinted to our secret spot on the beach buzzing with excitement. I had even picked her favorite! Black roses. I heard her giggle from behind one of the boulders that were resting on the sand. I walked around it grinning nervously and holding the black rose.

"Amor-." I stopped abruptly as I studied the scene before me.

Amora and this new hermes kid that I couldn't give to shits about.

Making out.

I felt like throwing up.

She pulled away and smiled at me, "Hey Luke. Whats up?"

I dropped the roses taking off at a run.

~end of flashback~

So thats where I am now.

Running as far as I can away from the girl I love.

I refused to cry.

I mean we weren't dating so there was nothing to cry about.

Even with that thought in my mind I wiped a few tears away.

I noticed the big house lights were on. So I changed direction running there instead.

I crashed through the doors and ran into the closest persons arms. Which just happened to be aunt Clarrise.

She patted my back throwing a confused look towards the others.

She lead me outside gently.

"Ok kid. What happned." She asked.

"Amoras a bitch." I said bluntly wiping a tear away.

"Don't be a jerk, we all know you love her kid." She said with a smile "and that girl loves you back just as much if not more."

"No she doesn't.." I said quietly.

"Of course she does." Clarrise argued.

"Well then why was she making out with some stupid fucking Hermes kid!" I yelled.

Clarrise raised an eyebrow.

"And then she smiled at me! I even picked her black roses! And I was going to buy her tickets to see her favorite band!" I ranted.

"Is it because I'm younger? I could be more mature! Pater is a year older than dad!"

(Luke does refer to Percy as pater sometimes, which means father in ancient greek.)

Aunt Clarrise looked suprised.

"But the way that he talks about you.." she said trailing off.

"He?" I asked.

"I meant she!" She corrected herself.

I shrugged sadly.

"Im gonna go..somewhere.." I sighed.

I walked away really not knowing where I was going.  As long as it was away.

Amora

I sighed wiping a tear away.

Maybe that would keep Luke away.

I just knew that if he asked me out I wouldn't have been able to say no.

The shadows had whispered to me that Luke was running towards our secret spot with roses. So I grabbed the closest kid and shadow traveled there.

It had been hard acting like I liked somebody else.

But it was better this way.

Luke isn't gay.

And I'm not a girl.

For long anyways.

Word count:511