eight ;

a/n : hey guys! sorry for the long wait on the chapter but i haven't really been happy with the development of the story and was debating on whether or not i should discontinue it but i decide to just make a few changes to the style of writing :) also thank you so much for 2k reads, it means a lot <3 and also i have a new hyunjin ff up if u want to check it out but yeah that's all!

. ˚̣- : : – – : : -˚̣ .

arriving in hwa's office, i could sense a thick tension in the air. i placed myself in a chair between wooyoung and yunho as i waited for the older to speak.

"as you all know, y/n's father is the head of the japanese mafia. they got word of her being with us and there may be a possibility they will be sending some of their men here to attack within the next couple days. the day is not certain so we have to stay on high alert for these next few days." my gaze met with the eldest' as he continues to speak.

"y/n, you do know how to use weapons and such, right?" i nod in response as he smiles. "that's good. you're gonna be working with wooyoung, san and jongho in the weapon department the rest of this week and they're to help you touch up you're techniques, yes?"

the three said boys nod in agreement to the olders request "yes sir".

"yeosang, yunho, and mingi, i want you three to start hacking into their system and retrieving as much information as you can get. their allies, a possible date they will be here, and such things. me and hongjoong will be contacting some of our allies and seeing what we can do. as for right now, i want you guys to start your tasks immediately. the japanese are very powerful and we will have no chance unless we start doing what needs to be done. our men are going to continue protecting the house but they will just be armed more precisely." seonghwa stated. "and that's it, you guys are free to go".

i was the last to get up as everyone started heading out of the office besides seonghwa and hongjoong. "hey, guys?" the eldests' eyes made contact with mine upon hearing my voice. "what is it?" seonghwa spoke up.

"um.." i started fiddling with my fingers anxiously "my mom is still in japan with my dad and i don't really want her to get hurt with all of this, would there be a way you can, y'know, make sure she's safe.?"

hongjoong's eyes softened at my question as he softly nodded. "don't worry, squirt. she'll be safe, we promise."

"hong-"

hongjoong glanced back at seonghwa with a stern look, before focusing his gaze on me once again. "i promise"

*magical time skip*

"cmon, y/n! ur technique is off, it's right swing, left swing, then kick!" jongho let out an exasperated sigh at my many attempts at fist fighting. i was never really a fighter type, as i mostly used guns. "i'm trying!" i groaned. i tried keeping up with his pace but it resulted in me getting knocked to the ground. "ugh, you're useless" he snapped. "hey! i'm trying!" i argued back. "you know i haven't done fist fighting before, why can't we try something easier?!"

jongho rubbed his temples in frustration. "don't you get it?! there is no time for something easier! damn it y/n, stop being such a dumb fuck and focus! do you want to get fucking killed by the japanese?! i'm trying to help you! for fucks sake, we wouldn't even be in this situation if you weren't here right now!" this caused my blood to boil. "i'm trying you dummy! and if you didn't want me to be here then why the heck did you kidnap me?!"  the yelling between us had caught the attention of wooyoung and san who were practicing on the other side of the room.

"hey guys, just calm down, it's fine" san interfered.

jongho focused his gaze on san. "no it's not! she's a fucking useless piece of shit! she can never do anything right!"

"jongho, shut the fuck up" wooyoung sneered.

"no, don't worry he's right" i spoke up causing the three men to look at me. "i'll just fucking leave." and with that i ran to my room and locked the door. i picked up some of my belongings and started throwing them in a small bag, since i didn't really have anything. banging could be heard on my room door as i hurriedly packed. "y/n, open the door! san, go get joong and seonghwa now!" wooyoung yelled on the other side of the door. i opened my window and held my bag tight. staring down, we were on the third floor. the jump was big but there was a bush beneath my window.

jump or stay.
jump or stay.
jump or stay.

my room door busted open as my eyes met with hongjoong and the others.

guess we're jumping.

"y/n, STOP!"

i jumped from the window and surprisingly fell safely into the bush. making my way to the main road, i started running. running as fast as my legs could take me.

it had been 10 minutes before i came to a halt to catch my breath. with all the turns, i found myself in a dark alley.

"oh look, if it isn't the one and only y/n".

before i could turn around, a black bag was placed over my head as i went unconscious.