one

NO TIME TO DIE.
CAPÍTULO UNO

"YOU'RE ONE HUNDRED percent sure it's safe, Marlene?" Aurora asked the queen of the fireflies as they discussed the plan and journey over a map of the city

"YOU'RE ONE HUNDRED percent sure it's safe, Marlene?" Aurora asked the queen of the fireflies as they discussed the plan and journey over a map of the city. She was being very discreet about everything, but, nonetheless, she explained the basic operation to her. "Nothing will harm her?"

"No." The dark skinned woman said as she grabbed her gun and placed it in the waistband of her pants. "It would just be some blood samples, hair samples, just like that. She will not get hurt."

"She better not." Aurora swung her backpack over her shoulders and fixed the straps to make them tighter. "We wouldn't want a whole Firefly lab to go up in flames now would we?"

"Let's just get Ellie," She ignored the Latina's remark as she folded the map back up and tucked it in her back pocket of her jeans. "We don't want to waste any more light."

"Right."

From the base camp towards the safe house that Marlene told the duo was not more than an hour-two hour trip, especially due to the patrols all over the place. After their arrival, Marlene left to get the smugglers she had offered the job to deliver the teenage girl and her gaurdian to meet up with the others.

Once Marlene stepped out, the two girls closed the door behind her and backed away once they heard the door click, indicating that it was locked. Now they waited and wondered what was happening, or more importantly, what was going to happen. 

"So," Ellie waltzed around the room and laid her backpack down.

"So, what?" Aurora followed her movements and laid her backpack next to hers.

"You think it's going to work?" The teenage girl was now sitting on the floor with her back against the wall, watching the door, as if any second Marlene was going to bust through. But that was unlikely as she had only left a few minutes ago. "That they're going to make a cure?"

"Aw, man." Aurora slid down next to her. "I'm not a scientist, or anything, so I can't tell you how it works, but Marlene did say they had a few doctors willing to give it a try. How about you?"

"Do I think it's gonna work?" Ellie turned her head and the older woman did the same.

"Are you really willing to give it a try?" She said slowly for the girl to absorb her words carefully.

"Yeah," she slowly nodded. "If I could do something—anything, then, yeah, I'm willing to give it a try."

After a long pause, Ellie spoke up again.