five

NO TIME TO DIE.
CAPÍTULO CINCO

THE CAPITOL BUILDING was now so close the quartet could make out every detail of it

THE CAPITOL BUILDING was now so close the quartet could make out every detail of it. They only thing in their path now was mossy, green water that guarded the entrance. Once they reached the steps, they held their breaths as they reached the door and pushed it forward.

Revealing the bodies of the Fireflies, Tess dropped to her knees next to closest one. She cursed and screamed at the body. Aurora didn't understand why the brunette was much more devastated than either her or Ellie, but she didn't question, hoping she would explain herself.

"What happens now?" Ellie asked either of the three adults. Aurora seemed to be the only to pay attention to her, but her only response was a shrug.

"No!" Tess's voice broke and then started to go through the mans pockets. "Maybe uh, maybe they had a map or something to tell us where they were going?"

"How far are we gonna take this?" Joel inched close enough to stop her movements.

"As far as it needs to go!" Tess snapped back at him. She didn't give him to answer as she directed her next sentence towards Aurora. "Where was this lab of theirs?"

"She never said specifically," Aurora answered, getting worried at how Tess only became more frantic by the second. "Only that it was somewhere out west."

"What are we doing here?" Joel pulled Tess to the side, but their conversation was still audible to the two girl. "This is not us."

Aurora's sigh went unnoticed by the pair as she leaned on the wall and gazed out of the window. Joel's and Tess' conversation was only background noise as her thoughts engulfed her.

Was this it, was this whole journey supposed to end now? Was Ellie never meant to cure human-kind? Or was this just a sign that it was never possible? There was just no try, like Ellie wanted. Or—

"She's infected." Ellie's world brought Aurora back to reality and actually focus on the dialogue in front of her.

With Joel's badgering, Tess ultimately showed him and the rest of the group the bite mark. The infected area that was slowly growing by the minute was now cascading down from her collarbone down to her chest.

"Oops, right?" She pulled her shirt back over the infected area. Then she pulled on Ellie's arm to reveal her infected area. "This was three weeks. I was bitten an hour ago and it's already worse." She gently dropped her arm and walked over towards Joel who was still trying to understand, his beloved companion now had a death sentence. "This shit is fucking real, Joel. You've got this girl to Tommy's. He used to run with this crew, he'll know where to go."