six

NO TIME TO DIE.
CAPÍTULO SEIS

"THERE," JOEL POINTED in the direction of a giant water tower that was labeled 'LINCOLN' on the side of it

"THERE," JOEL POINTED in the direction of a giant water tower that was labeled 'LINCOLN' on the side of it. "It'll be faster if we cut through here."

Jumping over the railing of the road, he looked back and saw that the two girls were copying his actions. And when they were over, he continued to guide them down.

"Oh, man." Ellie gawked at her surroundings, causing Joel to ask her if there was something wrong. "It's just. . . I've never seen anything like it before."

"The woods?"

"Yeah, never walked through the woods."

Ellie had been trapped at the base camp for her entire life. She never knew the outdoors, well the natural outdoors. Not some big walls made of concrete. The grass and trees were much more soothing than she had ever imagined.

Once they reached down at the bottom they tried opening the gate, but to no surprise, it was locked pretty tight. And they couldn't jumped across due to the barbwire strung on top.

The next plan of action was to find away around. When they found a building, Ellie and Aurora were the first ones on top, meanwhile Joel had grabbed a stray plank that was thrown to the side. He moved it closer to the building that the two girls were on and told Aurora to place it across so they could inside the gated area.

She did as she was told and by the time the plank landed the ground, Joel was already on the roof as well. Once they were across they noticed smoke in the distance.

"That you, Bill?" Joel wondered to himself out loud.

"Where do you usually meet him?" Ellie asked as she stood in between of Joel and Aurora.

"Huh." He gazed down at her stature and then back at the smoke. "Oh, uh, different places."

"You ever been here?" Aurora asked with a growing smirk on her face.

"I know this is where he lives." He said as he jumped from the building. "But no, I ain't ever been here personally."

"Oh, you've been here spiritually?" Aurora sarcastically asked but only gained her a look from Joel.

"This way." Joel waved at them as they traveled down to lower levels. "Watch your step. It's a good drop."

At the same time that Joel and Ellie went up the stairs into a room, Aurora ventured outside. She tried opening a door but it was jammed so she took out a makeshift shiv and pried the door open causing the shiv to break in the meantime. Once she opened it it revealed a storage room that had a few supplies left like broken scissors, rags, tape, and some spare ammo.