School

"Wake up." I say, shoving Brennan one last time.

"I'm awake." He groans, rolling off of the bed. I walk out of his room and back to mine so I can shower and do my morning routine.

Your Outfit:

I get in my car and drive to the closest Starbucks to get coffee before going to the school and walking in

"Hi Raylynn!" Alejandro says, walking up to me. I nod at him and follow him to the group.

"So you didn't get us anything?" Scarlet asks, nodding at my coffee.

"You didn't ask." I reply, pulling my phone out and playing on it.

"Ray." Steph says. I look up and raise an eyebrow. He nods behind me and I turn.

Cynthia Parker

I clench my fist and feel Brennan pull my arm.

"Focus on the mission, not your revenge." He says. I sigh and nod, walking away.

"Lynnie?" I hear Cynthia say. I turn and see her smirking.

"You have no right to call me that you bitch." I say. She laughs.

"Come on Lynnie, we're best friends!" She exclaims.

"That was before you became a traitor." I say. She sighs.

"I'm guessing your mission is to protect Mattia and his gang." She says, leaning against the wall.

"I quit. I don't have a mission." I reply, sighing and doing the same.

"Oh. You're always welcome in the Betas, Lynnie." She says. We stand in silence for a bit before Celia walks over to us.

"Cyn, we gotta get to class." She says. Cynthia nods and looks at me.

"I know you may hate me, but think about it Lynnie. We could use you." She says. I watch as they both walk away.

Should I?

I think. I shake the thought away and push myself back to my feet. I walk over to the group once again and we all walk to class.

Schedules:

1st- English with Kai and Ale

2nd- Science with Mattia and Ale

3rd- Math with Ale and Alvaro

4th- Lunch with all of the boys

5th- History with Ale and Roshaun

6th- Weights with all of the boys

"Okay class! We have a new student. If you would please stand up and introduce yourself." The teacher says, nodding at me. I stand up and turn to the class.

"I'm Raylynn Owens." I say. I make eye contact with a boy and realize he's a Beta.

Max Dressler

I sit down, writing his name in my notebook along with the other two Betas I came in contact with so far.

Four more to find.

I think. I spend the rest of the class ignoring the teacher since I graduated early two years ago.

Lunch

"Ray, we got issues." Brennan says as he sets his tray down I look up at him, confused.

"They're all here." He continues. I look at him like he's stupid.

"Okay? What's the issue?" I ask. He looks at me shocked.

"Are you stupid? There is seven of them!" He says. I roll my eyes.

"Two that can't work a gun properly, three that are physical combat only, and two that can do both. We'll be fine." I reply. He scoffs.

"It's been a year since we last came in contact with them Ray. Things could have changed."

"Not likely. At most, the five bimbos were given better training in their expertise. That's still not anything to worry about." I say, stealing ine of his chips. He sighs as everyone else sits down.

"You aren't eating?" Alejandro asks. I shake my head and continue playing on my phone.

"Ray, you always do this! Stop!" Scarlet says, annoyed. I sigh.

"Scar, I'm genuinely not interested in arguing about this everytime. I don't like eating school food." I say.

"But you only eat dinner." Steph says. I shrug.

"It's not like I'm starving myself." I reply. I feel Alejandro stick half of his sandwich in my mouth and I glare at him. He holds it there, causing me to roll my eyes and take a bite. He hands it to me and I slowly eat it, tuning everything else out.

"Lynnie!" I hear someone say. I turn and see Katie Pego walking up to me with her arms wide open.

"I missed you!" She says. I nod, hugging her back in an attempt not to make a scene.

"I love the necklace she says, pointing to my neck. I nod and she smirks.

"If you give it to us, we'll leave your friends alone." Cynthia says, walking up behind Katie. I glare at her.

"We both know that won't be happening." I say. She sighs the same sigh she did before killing my mother.

"I don't see why not. The jewel is worthless now that your father is dead." She says, looking at her nails. I scoff.

"If that were the case, you would have given up. Tell me 'Cynnie' is this all a game to get the jewel?" I reply, standing up. She smirks.

"I thought you retired." She says. I shrug.

"Not until I beat you." I reply. She smiles.

"I wish you'd just join me instead." She says, walking away. I clench my jaw as I sit down.

"Why does she want the jewel again?" Steph asks. I sigh.

"The jewel is a key to a lock box in Cancun. The lock box has some information on the group that killed Cynthia's mom. She wants it obviously." I reply.

"Why not let her get her revenge?" Alejandro asks. I sigh once again.

"She can't take them down alone. I can't let her hurt herself over a lie." I reply.

"What lie?" Mattia asks. I look up at them.

"Her mom isn't dead, she's hiding. We couldn't tell Cynthia because it was too dangerous. The fact of the matter is, her mom asked that we protect Cynthia no matter what. I plan on doing that." I say before walking away from the table I hear footsteps behind me and I feel someone pull my arm.

"I'm going to tell her." Max says. I laugh and pull out a little bottle of memory erasing spray.

"Not if I can help it." I say, spraying him. He passes out and I walk out of the school, to my car.

Great first day.