Competition

The following morning, Logan and K gathered up their little group and headed to coffee and breakfast as early as they always did - they were the first ones up more often than not. By the time the coffee was done, all three kids had their breakfasts in front of them and the two adults were starting to truly wake up the rest of the way.

So no one else was around as K and Logan read their paper and sipped coffee as the Howlett kids woke up. And no one was around to hear it when Logan tried to casually follow Cap's half-hearted suggestion. "You should come in with me to the tower," Logan said in an even tone.

"Is it that bad for all you guys when Carol leaves for ten minutes that you need me to go in and help you feel better?"

Logan snorted to himself at that. "Yeah. Spidey won't shut the hell up for five minutes and thinks I'm welcoming suggestions."

"And my presence will stop that how?" K asked with a laugh as she reached over to steal his coffee.

"It won't stop it, but it'd make it more tolerable for me," he replied with a crooked, muted smile. Instead of trying to get his mug back, he pulled her closer so he could kiss her.

"On that front, sure. But I don't think you're considering everything else."

"Wouldn't hurt to give it a shot. Might get a couple of the worst offenders off your back."

K raised an eyebrow as she watched him. "Alright. Sure. I'll go ahead and prove to you how wrong you are. What about the kids?"

"Kurt's supposed to be here this morning. He's still tryin' to guilt trip me on not namin' him godfather for all of 'em." He shifted how he was holding her to start trailing kisses behind her ear and down her neck. "And if you don't want to wait that long, we can take 'em with. Jan'd be happy to spend a little time with 'em."

"And the Summers?" K asked, though she was starting to lean back into him, distracted easily enough.

"Jeannie should have some time to relax. For the next few weeks anyhow. Let her get past the nerves." Logan was smiling into her hair. "And Scott's enjoin' a little time just the three of them, I'll bet."

And though that much was true, Logan had K distracted enough that she wasn't focusing hard enough to lay out how sticking around would help Jean and Scott to relax. He was playing dirty and she knew it.

Bamf.

"Oh, pardon me for interrupting," Kurt said, his tone pure amusement as his accent curled thickly around his words. "Had I known you were working negotiations for my next assignment as Godfather, I would have given you another hour."

K glanced up with a growl, but Kurt only grinned wider. "Two perhaps then?" he teased.

As K drew in a breath, her mouth opening to dress him down, Logan cut in. "Funny you should mention that," Logan said, finally drawing back from distracting K. "We can't possibly consider you for that any time soon." Before K could turn her anger to Logan, he gave her a look and covered her mouth with one hand just long enough for her to push his hand away.

But the damage was done. Kurt looked back at his best friend looking supremely insulted. "What?" He rested his hand over his heart. "Clearly, I am the best possible option. You must have been compromised at some point to think anything else." He turned to look over his shoulder, his tail twitching irritably behind him as he looked around the room. "Where is Jean? She'll unscramble your addled mind and set you right again, mein Freund."

"Not necessary," Logan laughed, though now K was watching Logan suspiciously - hackles raised. "But if you want consideration, all you gotta do is spend some time with the three of 'em."