The Left Doesn't Know And The Right Doesn't Either

"You're the one that picked me," K said, crossing her arms over her chest. This was not at all what she was expecting when she agreed to join Logan at the tower. "Don't chicken out before we can even start."

"I'm not chickening out, sweetheart," Tony said, with his most smug expression, one eyebrow raised as he turned her way. "It's just not fair if you can heal. Too one sided."

"So turn the dampener on," K suggested, uncrossing her arms and relaxing her shoulders as she wore an open, broad smile that she knew would take him off guard. She'd never truly turned up the charm around him directly after all. And she had yet to see someone ignore it when she did.

"What makes you think we have dampeners in here?" Tony asked - obviously deflecting the question as best he was able.

"They're already on," Jan sang out. "So whenever you're ready, Tony!"

Tony took a quick look around the room, sized up K, and shook his head. "I'm not that stupid. Nope. Not gonna fight you. I'm not the entertainment."

But as half the group let out little noises of disappointment and snickers, K took a few steps toward him. "Why the hell would I fight you? I thought this was supposed to be a sim, not a schoolyard fight over crayons."

Tony turned toward Steve, but didn't take his eyes off of her. "Then ... what do you propose?"

"Start a sim. I'll be your partner for it. If you get into trouble, I'll give you a hand. " she tipped her head for a moment. "Maybe even vice versa."

"I wanna see a fight," Luke said, arms crossed and sounding disappointed already.

"So go see one," K said, barely looking his way. "I was told I was supposed to do some sims with the team. Not ... fight."

"What do you think the sims are?" Luke asked, frowning. "It's fighting."

"Maybe for Avengers," K said, raising with a teasing smile. "That's just warm ups for the X-Men."

Logan chuckled to himself, but the others looked as if they'd heard the same line one too many times before. "That's right," he said as Steve blew out a breath.

"So it shouldn't be a problem then to just run a sim or two with us," Steve said. "I hope you brought your suit."

"Why? Don't Avengers ever have to deal with trouble when they're not in uniform?" K asked, wearing a wide-eyed expression.

Luke had to laugh at that though - a loud, warm, boisterous sound that brought good cheer to those hearing him. "She's got you there, Cap."

"Dampener's on," Steve said. "Might be good for our mutant friends to see how they can stack up to the rest of us."

"You mean the rest of you that are mutates, Inhumans, or injected with super soldier serum?" K asked - earning a bark of a laugh from Tony.

"Oh yeah. My partner today," he said, grinning widely as he made his way over to stand next to K - making the two of them and Logan the only ones that were wearing bluejeans and t-shirts.

"Try not to break anything," K advised, though she did stick close to him as the room shifted and everyone took their places. But that really only meant that Tony and the ferals were the ones out of the power loop. It didn't bother the ferals one bit - mostly because they were used to practicing with no powers. But Steve didn't know that. Neither did the rest of the Avengers, for that matter, and when the sim came up, Logan and K all but melted into the woodwork operating on pure skill to a degree that those that met up with what they did with their powers on. Being sneaky was something that didn't come with the power set, after all. And it required practice. Something both of them had done for long enough that it was second nature regardless.