(5) The Lake

barron pov

I  woke up, to the sight of Y/N, wow, they were so ethereal. I loved them. I scooched a little closer to them and kissed them on the forehead gently, then pat their head and got up from the bed, it was really hot out, and luckily there was a lake really close to the cabin, so I figured we could go swimming. Y/N eventually woke up. They found me downstairs in the kitchen, in my grey sweatpants and white tanktop, with my hair a curly mess, and my eyes tired and sleepy, cooking eggs.
"Oh hey." I greeted, smiling.
"What are you doing? I had no idea you could cook!" Y/N giggled, coming close to me and sprinkling spices into the eggs. They were so close to me, I wanted to hug them, so I did. I hugged Y/N, and ruffled their hair.

y/n pov
I love barron. I'll admit it. I love him, a lot. I was feeling frisky, so I snooped around the cabin looking for vodka, or any type of drink, really. This was way out of my comfort zone but with Barron I just felt so alive, I loved it.
I finally came across two bottles of vodka. I figured he wouldnt want any so I chugged half a bottle, leaving the other one where it was.
"Eggs done!" he shouted, setting a plate of scrambled eggs on the bar. I sat up on a stool and ate. Surprisingly good!
"Melania teach you how to cook" I asked, a mouth full of eggs.
"Taught myself. No one gives a damn about me in that house." He looked sad.
"I'm sorry." I replied. I didn't know what else to say. We sat in silence for a bit, but then he broke it with,
"I was thinking we could go swimming today. Its hot as balls out, theres a lake not that far away from here."
"I'm down.. I just don't have a swimsuit." I chuckled, looking at him. His tired voice was so cute.
"Uh... I have some basketball shorts.. and a shirt."
I nodded.
I guess that works? Better than skinny dippng.

at the lake

Barron and I were having a really good time, we found a couple frogs and named them Denny, Barbara, and Gertrude. I kissed Denny hoping she would turn into a princess.
"Lets swim!" Barron said. I nodded, following him into the water. It was warm! I dove in and splashed him. We had a splash fight, I ended up winning. But I think he just let me win, because he's that nice. He pointed up at a cliff about 30 feet in the air, and said it would be really fun if we jumped. I was skeptical about the whole thing, but ended up agreeing to jumping with him. We made it up to the cliff, and looking down at the water was NOT a good idea.

"Count of 3, we jump. Hold my hand, Y/N."
I smiled, and took a deep breath.
"Ready."
"3..."
"2..."
"1..."
I stepped back. "Sorry, I'm pretty scared of heights. He smiled at me and pulled me close. "You'll be okay. you have me." I chuckled and slapped him playfully. He picked me up and threw me into the air, catching me back in his arms. He felt so warm.
"Alright, but for reals."
"3.."
"2..."
"1..."
BAM! I held his hand and we both jumped at the same time. The wind rushing through my hair felt great, I was so happy. I laughed as we fell. We landed into the deep part of the lake, going under together. As we bobbed back up to the surface we looked at eachother, the sun was hitting barron perfectly. He looked like a god. I leaned in and so did he, and we kissed. It was beautiful.

back at the cabin

"Im really thankful for you. " Barron said, looking at me. He kissed me, and smiled as he leaned back on the bed.
"I am too.. I just think my moms worried, but its alrifht." I said, sighing. I kindof missed my mom.
He hugged me and threw me on the bed.
"I RHINK THIS CALLS FOR A PILLOW FIGHT!!" he yelled, we both burst out luaghing. We nesed the night with some popcorn, a scary movie, and eachother. I love barron.