Hickeys and Hangovers

James POV

I groaned at the sunlight in my face, waking me up. I tried to sit up, but found that I couldn't. Something, or rather, someone, was on my chest, sleeping. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw who. It was Keith. His bangs fluttered up and down with every breath, and he looked so peaceful. His face was relaxed, and as I laid there, I took in all of his features.

He had long, silky, raven black hair, and kinda pale, smooth skin. But around the neck it was inflamed. I examined the red marking more closely, and realized that they were hickeys. My eye widened with realization. We had gone drinking, we'd kissed, then I woke up the next morning with Keith on top of me and with hickeys? I looked down at our chests, and saw that neither of us had shirts on. I quickly lifted the blanket that someone had draped over us, and let out a sigh or relief. We still had on our pants. We'd hadn't fucked. Yet. I also saw that I too, had hickeys, along with a few bite marks. This was going to be so fun to explain to Kinkade.

I tried to gently pry Keith off of me, but every time I did, he just held on tighter and nuzzled into my neck even more. "Ugh, Keith, get off of me." I groaned. "No." He muttered, squeezing tighter. "'S to early." "But I have to get up." "Nooo!" He whined, looking up at me sleepily. "Stay. You're warm." I sighed. "Keith, please. Let go." He let go with one hand and rubbed his eyes. "Mmm. No. I want cuddles." He muttered. "Keith, please? We can cuddle later." I complained. Huh, never thought I'd be asking to get OUT of bed with Keith. In, yes. Out, no. "But Jamieee." He whined. I felt my face heat a bit at the nickname, but I persisted. "Later. Then we can cuddle and watch TV." "Fine. You can go." He grumbled. He rolled off of me, and I finally realized that we were in a bed. But it wasn't mine. Then I remembered that we had gone drinking with Shiro and Adam. "This must be their house..." I muttered. I stood and walked out of the room trying to get a lay of the place. I'd only been to their place once of twice before, and I had been hopelessly hung over, so I barely remembered anything.

I staggered into the kitchen, rubbing my eyes. Shiro and Adam were already there, sitting at the dining room table, and had steaming cups of what smelled like coffee. "Hey guys." I muttered, sitting next to Adam at the dining room table. "Ah, the beast has woken! Where's the other one?" Adam joked, and I shrugged. "Still asleep. I almost has a heart attack when I saw him." "Haha, yeah. you guys went pretty hardcore last night." Shrio said with a smile. "Can you tell me what happened? I don't remember much of anything." I said, putting my chin in my hand and leaning on my elbow. "Well what do you remember?" Adam asked, taking a sip of his coffee. "Um, the game. You guys won, and we got drinks. There was this girl... Allura? Some guy with a orange mustache, music. Um, did I sing again? Yeah, singing. Then me and Keith, uh, we kissed. a lot. And drank. That's about it." I said, massaging my temples. "Well, that about sums it up. You guys switched between making out and chugging beers most of the night." Shiro said, then he smiled evily. "But then you guys decided to dance...." "Oh no." I groaned, putting my head on the table. "Don't tell me." "And you guys started grinding. Some girl tried to steal you away, and Keith literally growled at her." Adam said, with a shit eating grin on his face. "We finally decided to cut you guys off, and we put you in the car and took you here. You guys stumbled into the guest bedroom, and here we are." "So, what exactly did you guys do there? Did you fuck my brother?" Shiro asked, leaning forward. "Um, no. We both still had our pants. You should know. Someone gave us a blanket." I said. "That was me. Shiro was out cold." Adam said, raising his hand. "And why was he out?" I asked, smirking, and they blushed. "Not what you think. We had the game, then went drinking, then had to chaperone you and Keith. It was a long day. you're just lucky today is Saturday and you have no classes." He added. "Fuck." I breathed. "I have work later. My new boss is gonna kill me."

"Who's gonna kill you?" Keith asked, walking in, wrapped in the blanket. "James's new boss." Shiro said, thumbing in my direction. "Boo." He said, sitting next me and leaning on my shoulder. "Do you know who it is?" Adam asked, getting up and heading to the kitchen. "No idea. But apparently they're really good with tech stuff. Like, government agent level."  "Then why are they working at a Best Buy?" Shiro asked, and I put my hands up in a "I don't fucking know" gesture. "They need money? It's the only job they could get? Who knows? But they're supposed to be super strict or something." "Mm, stop moving." Keith mumbled, nuzzling into my shoulder. "Sorry. But seriously, I don't know. But I have work in... what time is it?" I asked. "Around 11." Adam answered, handing me and Keith coffee mugs. "'S to early." Keith mumbled, taking the cup into his hands. "For you. You can sleep til past noon." Shiro said, a grin on his face. "He once slept thorough an entire day of classes. I had to go to his place and wake him up so he wouldn't miss work." "Which James is going to if he doesn't get going."  Adam said, a pointed look on his face. "But I don't have work until 2. I have 3-ish hours before I need to be there. I can hang out here for a while." "No, you need to go. you have to shower, get dressed, and get there in time to make a good impression on your boss. And take Keith home on your way. I don't want a hungover Keith walking around my home all day." Adam said. "Sure thing mom." Keith muttered, sipping his coffee. "Excuse me?" "Nothing." he blurted, and Adam raised an eyebrow. "Yeah, thought so."

Me and Keith left the table, headed to the guest room to get our clothes. I was about to put on my shirt when he wrapped his arms around me from behind. "Don't go." "Keith, I have to. I've got work." He sighed and let go. "Fine. But you owe me cuddles." I nodded, pulling on my shirt. "Of course. so, do you want to go to my place, or want me to drop you off at yours?" "I'll just stay at your place. See how Kinkade's doing. I don't have anything to do anyway." Keith said, his response muffled by his shirt. His head popped out the top, and he smiled at me. "Alright. Let's go." I smiled and pushed some hair out of his face. "Your hair is a mess." I stated, and he swatted my hand away, blushing. "Shut up. We should go, or they're gonna think we're going at it." We left the room, and procrastinated for a while, postponing our departure.  We eventually said our goodbyes, and headed to the door, when Adam handed me my keys. "I drove your car here. You were way to drunk to do it yourself." I smiled gratefully. "Thanks. Come on Keith, lets go."