1939

Relatively the same

December 13:
The German Deutschland-class battle cruiser Admiral Graf Spee sinks the HMS Exeter in the Battle of the River Plate. Having suffered critical damage to her fuel system she is chased by the HMS Ajax and HMS Achilles. This stops when the Graf Spee enters the neutral port of Montevideo.

December 14:
The Graf Spee is informed that it has got only 72 hours to leave the port before the British are allowed to bored her.

December 15-16:
The crew of the Graf Spee fix what they can and get the fuel system working enough.

December 17-29:
The Graf Spee  begins to exit the Montevideo. From the speed she is going it looks as if she is going to pull up to one of the British cruisers. Then once nearly between the two cruisers she fires her torpedoes at the Achilles and Ajax. All three of the torpedoes fired from the starboard (right) side launcher hit the Achilles nearly riping the light cruiser in half. The torpedoes fired from the Port (left) side of the Graf Spee miss the Ajax. This leads to the Graf Spee making a 17 hour and 36 minute trip to the German supporting port of Buenos Aires. She would spend the next 12 days getting repaired.

December 30:
The Graf Spee sets back for Germany from Argentina at her full speed of 25 knots.

December 31:
The Stern main gun scores hits on the Ajax causing her ammo storage to egnite and the ship to sink. The Graf Spee continued on her way home.