A Midnight's Tragedy (BokuAka)

(Zombie Apocalypse AU)

(A.n: warnings of strong language!!)

"Akaashi, we finally made it here."

Bokuto said as he wiped the sweat on his face. A big smile was on his lips. He looked around him, but there was no Akaashi around.

"Akaashi...?"

He spins around. Walking to the nearby intersection to check.

"Akaashi, where are you...?"

He looked around as he suddenly noticed a gun on his waist. Then the next thing he knows, he felt a pang of terrible pain.

___________________

"A-akaashi..." Bokuto hesitantly called out. They are currently in an abandon house, somewhere far far away from Fukorodani. Its been 2 months since this started, this chaos, this mess. At first the whole Fukorodani volleyball club were all together, but as days went on they were slowly breaking apart. Some went to the places they think are much safer than the team's decision. And now, 2 months later, it's only the 2 of them.

Bokuto slowly felt depressed. Anxiety slowly seeping in. Akaashi didn't thought it was even possible, but as the people he thought would never leave him does, his heart slowly sank. He was scared. If Akaashi leaves him, he would be alone. He would need to survive this on his own, and he would die alone. It disturbed Bokuto's mind. Panicking every time Akaashi's out of his sight. Now, he wanted to make sure. He wanted to confirm that Akaashi would never leave him, so he asked.

"D-do you...umm... do you..--"

He whispered, trembling hard, as his words stuttered. Akaashi looked at him with concern and worry. He didn't like it when Bokuto's like this.

"P-plan....on.. l-leaving me..too...?"

Tears were visible on the corner of his eyes. He was trying to be silent because the walkers might hear them. His voice cracked with each word he did. His vocal cords surprised from the sudden movement. He was quiet for too long.

"Of course not."

Akaashi answered simply. No hesitation, in fact he was confident. He knows to himself he won't ever leave him. Bokuto looked at him with wide eyes.

"Are you...sure..?"

Bokuto desperately asked for confirmation. Akaashi only smiled at him. He cupped Bokuto's cheeks which was already wet with tears. Akaashi used his thumb to dry it away.

"Yes. I promise, Bokuto-san."

"Then seal it off."

Bokuto said as he pouted a little. Their thumbs met and sealed their promise.

"Everything will be okay, Bokuto-san."
Akaashi smiled as he sat up. He offers his hand to Bokuto which was still sitting on the floor.

"Let's move. We need to get there no matter what."

____________

They walked, hid, ran, and fought if needed. Encountering countless of walkers in every turn.

Akaashi had a katana that he found in an old store, while Bokuto had an axe that he found in the attic of the abandoned house.

Even though both of them never used it to kill someone, they needed to do it to survive.

While hiding on a bush, Bokuto's stomach growled. Bokuto's face went red. He turned to Akaashi sheepishly while scratching the back of his neck.

"Um...Akaashi..? I'm starving.."
He smiled awkwardly as he asked. Akaashi chuckled a little as he looked around for any store they could get food from, then he saw a mall nearby.