Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Isabella

Falling,

Falling,

A dimly lit room, getting lighter every second. I adjusted my eyes as the room gradually stopped swaying back and forth. There were at least a dozen people in the room. I counted again and came up with 16. A few groans came from the back of the room.

I got out of the bed that I was in. I couldn't remember why I was in that bed in the first place. I was the first to get up. I slowly walked up to the middle or the room where a table stood. Soon, everyone was crowding around it with me. 

"Ummm.... what the hell are we doing here? How? When? Who?" a little plump girl behind me blabbered anxiously.

"Hey, hey calm down, we don't know either." replied a skinny nerd-sort of boy with glasses freckles and braces.

"I mean... there is a card on this table, I think we should read it." I said.

I read it out and it said: 

'Welcome. You are all little pieces of my game. When the lights flicker and you fall asleep, one of you will die. There is sixteen of you and only one of you can survive. You have sixteen days to find the murderer. Good luck.'

The little plump girl fainted. I felt like doing the same. Why? I bet all of us was around sixteen- too young to die...

A few minutes later, a boy picked up the unconscious girl and put her on bed. The last thing we needed was to trip on her. 

"One of us is the murderer." said a boy next to me. He had all the good looks that anyone would envy. I giggled realising that his good looks wouldn't save him.

Everyone was afraid and backed away from me. The nerd-boy went pale.

"I think i'm going mad..." I said and fell face-first upon the bed that was mine. "I don't want to die."

The others were suddenly relieved. The nerd-boy still eyed me suspiciously.

"How about lets share our names, I don't want to die unnamed." Said a raven-haired girl coolly.

We exchanged our names, but I kept a mental note out for the raven-haired girl, who I learned to be Lauren. Maria was the one who fainted, she's up now, so that's good and the nerd-boy was Adrian. I heard the rest of the names, but I hadn't really grasped them as well. 

I tensed. I could survive if I tried hard enough. I need some allies... and fast.

I decided to stick to the nerd guy- Adrian. He seemed safe, I guess. He had the brains too. I started towards him. He seemed deep in thought. 

"Urm... hi," I started.

Adrian jumped. 

"Oh sorry. I didn't mean to startle you."  

"Oh... um it's okay," Adrian replied.

"Can we be allies? I'm sorry if I was a little crazy at the start, laughing for no reason..." I continued. "Look I promise I don't know what is going on and I am just creeped out. We will need allies to defeat this murderer right?" 

"Just give me a few minutes. My brain will explode."

I left him to be, hoping that he will actually agree because I really didn't want to die... yet.

I went back to the bed and hoping that it was just all a dream.

--------------------------------------------------

Author's notes

New book, new storyline. I hope you have enjoyed chapter 1 and the prologue. This will hopefully keep you occupied during the summer.

Happy Summer Holiday my readers!

W.Kells (QQbunny)