Chapter 10

Just before you read

I can't believe that we are already up to chapter 10! I have never written so much in just one book before on Wattpad, yeah it's lame, but true though. I hope you enjoy Chapter 10!

...

Lauren

I laughed again. If only I recorded the reactions on their faces. I would play it every day. All those little girls and boys scared of a little video clip? Out of every other death in the world. Wow. I bet if I shot a bullet at the wall, everybody would be dead on the floor in horror.

Melissa entered the room nervously.

"I don't bite unless you piss me off." I snapped.

Melissa edged to her bed, without taking her eyes off me.

"Why is everyone so scared of me? If I was the murderer then all of you would be dead." 

Melissa took her time thinking it through and finally shrugged. She sat on her bed and fixed her eyes on the floor instead. 

"I just don't get you." She murmured. 

I raised a eyebrow at her.

"I mean. It's just that you are not scared. It creeps me out, why?" 

A kaleidoscope of emotions flashed over my face, anger, regret, sorrow, hate, which was then replaced by a sad smile.

"I have nobody who cares about me anymore. I don't fear death." I concluded with.

"Oh." Melissa said, pity laced in her voice.

I smiled at her pity, but deep inside I knew that nobody would ever understand the things I have been through.

Luckily Melissa had enough wit to drop the conversation. I didn't like being pushed further than my limit. 

Melissa glanced at me once more and left the room.

I decided to use the time to polish my gun, so I took the wooden box from under the bed. I opened the delicate lock and traced my fingers across the velvet on which the intricate gun rested. It was a pure beauty of a creation. A small shotgun, made without a budget possibly. There were strange golden patterns, resembling what seemed to be flowers? Flowers or not, I admired the unique craftsmanship.

As my cloth ran over the handgun, I noticed a hidden capsule, hidden at the hilt. I opened the thatch and found a small bottle with a note attached.

I unscrolled the note and read it.

Lauren, this bottle of poison is just for you. Use it wisely.

I scrunched up the note and put it in my pocket and fiddled with the little green bottle between my fingertips. 

Somebody is going to die....

Because of me. 

I didn't know whether to be happy or sad. I placed the bottle and gun back into the wooden case, I didn't need anyone knowing about this.

I shoved the case under the bed, just in time to see the door swing open.

Jason, followed by many other people, filled the room. They stared at me with accusing glances. I spotted Melissa at the back of the crowd, smiling apologetically.

Jason cracked his knuckles and started talking.

"So, Lauren. You have a gun?"

Whatever was happening right now would not end well. 

I gulped and wished, for the first time, that I wasn't here.

---------------------------------

Author's Note

Thanks for reading! I need to mention that, since the summer holidays is coming to a close (nooo I don't want it to end either), I won't be updating so much. I just need to balance my social life and studies a bit more (well it's kinda true that I spend an unhealthy amount of time on Wattpad). 

But apart from that, I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

W.Kells (QQbunny) 😘