Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Maria

I lay awake. Did I just faint again? Yes definitely. I feel the edge of the bed. Wait. Is that a notebook? I pick up the leather book and flick through the pages. Nothing was written in them. Oh whatever. I throw the book aside. Wait, this isn't my bedroom? Uh...

Reality hit me suddenly. My fingers turned cold. I squealed. 

Lauren, whose bed was in front of mine, turned to face me.

"Can't sleep?" She said casually. "Nor can I. The boys snore like mad. Well, let's just be grateful that our dorms are separated by a wall at least.

I peered at her.

"Its night already?" I asked. "Was I unconscious for THAT long?

"Yeah, you slept too much today." Lauren replied.

"It's not my fault!" 

"Be quiet will you?" She hissed at me.

"Sorry it's just that I don't want to-" I started "die."

I stiffened as the last word slipped out of my mouth. Lauren laughed quietly in reply.

"You are not scared?" I asked.

"Yeah. Not a bit."

"I'll just take a trip to the bathroom. "Bye... Lauren."

"Bye." She replied.

I walked up to the bathroom. I yawned, did my business and washed my face to freshen up. 

Then the door creaked open. 

Startled, I backed away. A black hooded figure came closer to me.

"NO!" I screamed. "BACK AWAY!"

I lost control of half my senses in fear. I screamed as the hooded figure came closer. My breaths became more rapid. I was hyperventilating. 

The figure wrapped its arm around my neck. It's hold around my neck became firmer. I was being strangled. I thrashed around. 

"P-please." I choked.

Using it's other hand, the figure took out a butcher's knife. 

"No."

I coughed up blood.

"I-"

Then, the knife cut through my neck. Blood splattered everywhere. Agony, more intense than anything I had ever felt before, ripped through me.

The figure lashed several times more before I lost the will to live. I felt my life seeping through my fingertips, until there was nothing but darkness.

The lights flicker back...

---------------------------------------------------

Author's note

Well, that's the end of Maria I guess. Died too young. Hardly got to know her. This is the power of Authors. I literally feel like Thanos right now, destroying people's lives in the way I like it.

Have a good day!

W.Kells (QQbunny) 😘