Chapter three: I feel like apart of me's missing and I won't ever retrive it

Here's the third chapter hope you like it.

A couple days later they held Mike's Funeral at the local church and all of Hawkins was welcome. The ceremony was Similar to will's back in 83, except this time there wouldn't be a boy who came back to life sorta speak and gets teased or called something like zombie-boy, this time the kid was really gone.

El ran out of the church when they asked if she could say a few words, everyone stared crying if they weren't already, because they could see all the pain and devastation in the young girls brown eyes.

She ran as the party chased her, until they found her in very spot she met mike. She was sobbing, while sitting on a tree stump that had: 'Mike wheeler and El hopper/ future wheeler', Carved on it and underneath that was a new engraving, so they figured that El had just wrote it: 'Mike wheeler was truly a living angle, his life was taken away at the early age of 16, when he saved his beloved girlfriend, El, from being killed. Goodbye my beautiful angle. I'll miss you forever, I can promise you that.'

The other three party members stared tearing up, they never new how much Mike and El truly loved each other. If you can die for your lover, you must be extremely in love with them and this pair truly was.

~~~~~~

Later that day after every one left the Memorial service, Joyce, hopper, Karen, ted, holly, Nancy and Jonathan came by to see where a tree had been and that it now had taken on a new life in a sene. El had fallen asleep in Mike's old bed, holding the stuffed bear Mike got her for Valentine's Day, when they were 15. The party decided to watch over her closely, because she's been having nightmares of the moment Mike passed and they wanted to make sure she was ok.

Hop never new that their love ran so deep. He always thought it was a first boyfriend, first girlfriend, puppy love thing.

He never knew Mike had given her a promise ring with the words promise and forever engraved into the silver medal, until El had slipped it on her finger this morning. Before they went to what had turned into a tragedy for El.

~~~~~~

A few hours later, Karen realized she never knew Mike would sacrifice himself for someone like he did or that he was even in love with his girlfriend at all. So she looked around his old room, while El was eating eggos in the kitchen. She noticed a picture of him & a girl with short light brown curly hair, from the snowball of '84'. Which was set on his book shelf and she could tell that the young girl was El.

She found a picture of Mike, El and hopper, in Mike's top dresser drawer, under his many pullo shirts. The image was of them at the Hawkins police station's annul Christmas party, that Mike had attended back in the winter of 86. In the picture Mike had a green poll-shirt and tan khakis on, he was smiling at El with his right arm placed around her shoulders, while she was smiling up at him in her matching green dress with her hair tied into a bun and hopper was standing behind them, in a pair of navy jeans and a light brown jacket. Hop had one hand set on each of their shoulders, with a little smile on his face too. This picture made Karen happy because her son was smiling and she already missed his smile.

Karen found one more picture in his top drawer and it was of just of him and El again, it was from One of mike's cousin's weddings. It had been taken earlier this year. In this one El's wearing a pretty light pink blouse with a white short shirt with her hair down in curls. Mike was wearing a white Poll with black dress pants. In this picture El's sitting on Mike's lap and Mike has his one arm around her waist and the other was set on her thigh, as he pressed a kiss on her cheek.

Karen walked downstairs to find El sitting on the couch with Holly.

"Oh, hi girls. Umm, El can I talk to you for a minute?" Karen Wheeler asks not wanting holly to see the most recent picture, that was still in her hand.

They walk over to the kitchen table and sat down in chairs beside each other.

"Yes, Mrs.Wheeler?" El asks wanting to go back and keep watching cartoons with Holly.

"Oh, ya, sorry. Umm I found these pictures of you and mike, would you like any?" Karen asks showing El all three pictures.

"Ya, can I have the one from a couple months ago?" El asks referring to the picture Karen secretly wanted to get rid of.

"Yes, yes, here you go." Karen says handing her the picture. El puts the picture up to her heart and one tear trickled down her cheek.

"You ok, sweetheart?" Karen asks seeing the tears coming from El's eyes.

"Ya, Just miss him." El says receiving a hug from Karen.

"You really miss him, huh?" Karen asks rubbing el's back lightly.

"Ya, I do. I guess Ive never feel the same way about anyone Else, before and I don't think I ever will again." El states as she wipes away a tear that's making it's way down her face.

"Hey, sweetheart it's going to be ok, well get through this together. Don't ever think your alone in this, I'm right here." Karen soothed hugging the sad dear.

Karen also knew nothing was going to be the same anymore, she and her husband lost their son, El lost the boy she loved, Nancy and Holly lost there brother. While Dustin, Lucas, Will, Jonathan and Steve are grieving the loss of a great friend, Hopper and Joyce lost some they thought of almost like son. Everyone else in Hawkins lost a wonderful soul.

But Karen believes that if El stays in her life maybe, she'll be all right. Because she just needs someone who loved her son as much as she did and always will.

Karen needed a miracle if she was going to be ok someday and in her eyes El, Nancy and Holly were it. There her wonderful miracle, that she thanks god for. Her two lovey daughters and the wonderful girlfriend to his son. Karen will be fine as long as there here with her. Here three girls.

I Didn't like this chapter as much but it's ok. Next chapter will be out soon.👋😊~Lizzy1180

Published date: 7/19/20