Chapter Twelve

A/N: Happy New Year! 

        Knocking onto the large door in front of me, I waited until the signal to come in before opening the door. After shutting it behind me, I started walking towards the desk in the center of the room while saying, “Hi.”

        “Nikolai, Ciao.” Looking at the smiling face of Leo, I watched him walk towards me before engulfing my body into a hug. Sighing, my head rested on his shoulder while wrapping my hands around his neck. “Is everything okay?” He asked when I hadn’t moved in a while.

        Looking up I sighed while slowly getting out of his arms. “There’s actually something I need to talk to you about.”

        “Sedersi, sit.”

        Sitting down in front of his desk, I folded my hands into my lap before looking up into those dark eyes. “I believe it is time to end my internship here. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to put my name out there more, but I miss the joy of getting my pictures in a magazine, or simply walking around with no destination in sight. Are you mad?”

        “Why would I be mad?” He asked while getting up and walking over to me. Smiling down at me, he put his hand on my cheek before saying, “I thank you for being my intern. But I am also happy.”

        “Happy?”

        “I am happy because if you are not my employee anymore I can ask you on a date.”

        Giving a small gasp, I felt my cheeks instantly heat up while my heart threatened to jump out of my chest. “Did you say d-date?”

        Laughing he nodded while wrapping his arms around my waist when I stood up. “I would be honored to be able to take you on a date. So Nikolai, would you like to go on a date with me?” After nodding, I watched as a huge smile spread onto Leo’s face. “What are you up to tonight?” He asked.

        “Oh I’m actually hanging out with Axel tonight. How about tomorrow? Friday seems like a good date day.”

        “Works for me. Have fun with Axel tonight,” he said while giving me a gentle kiss on the cheek before wrapping his arms around my body again. Biting my lip, I closed my eyes while hoping he wouldn’t be upset with me, seeing as how Axel was going out with Jessie tonight.

*

        Why am I here again? I thought while looking up at the small house in front of me. Come on just do it. Shaking my head, I took another deep breath before lightly knocking on the door. This is stupid; she’s probably not even here. I don’t know why I decided to come here; I should have just stayed in bed and watched some-

        “Niki?” Glancing up I saw Toni looking at me.

        “Hi. Can we talk?”

        When she opened the door the entire way I smiled lightly at her while walking into the living room. Putting my hands into my pockets I watched her give me a weird look before asking, “What are you doing here?”

        “I’ve been wanting to come here for a while now. I… I just needed to know why you did what you did.” Sitting down onto the couch, I watched her sigh before sitting on the coffee table in front of me. “We were together for eight years, why would you do something so mean to me? I mean you were the one who left me at the altar… what did I do?”

        Sighing, Toni looked down at her hands, her short blonde hair falling into her face. “I was just jealous okay?”

        “Jealous? Of what?”