Chapter Thirteen

A/N: This chapter has two different point of views, the first half is Niki and the last chunk is Leo. Picture is of Mikey. 

        This shouldn’t be happening. This is all a big misunderstanding, why can’t anyone see that? I don’t look like a killer, I shouldn’t be in jail! Sighing I stopped pacing around the small cramped cell before sitting down onto the hard bench beneath me. Taking a glance at the clock on the wall opposite the cell, a defeated cry escaped my lips when I realized I had been sitting in this small cell for almost twelve hours. Putting my head into my hands, I closed my eyes while wiping more tears off of my face. Before I knew it I was slipping into darkness.

        “Nikolai!” Turning around, a giant gasp escaped from my lips when seeing no other than my mom smiling back at me.

        “M-mom? What… what are you doing here?” I asked while wrapping my arms around her in a huge hug.

        After kissing my head she started rubbing my hand up and down my back while saying, “You know honey, your father and I have been watching over you ever since we passed. I have been trying to come to you in a dream for quite some time now.”

        Looking up into her eyes, I watched her wipe the tears off my cheeks before asking, “So then how were you able to come now?”

        “I’m not entirely sure, but let’s just enjoy it while we still can.” Nodding, I buried my head back into her shoulder while wrapping my arms around her.

        “I didn’t do what they think I did Mom, Emilio was the one who did it.”

        “I know honey. You would never hurt a fly.”

        Looking up into her face I smiled while sitting down next to her. After realizing I was sitting on sand, I looked around to see we were seated on a beach, the same one we used to visit all the time. As my eyes were passing over the sparkling blue water they zeroed in on a very familiar looking person walking towards us. “Dad!” Jumping up I started running over to him before wrapping my arms around him, breathing in the familiar smell of that manly cologne.

        “Oh Nikolai, we’ve missed you so much.”

        “I’ve missed you guys too, I never even had the chance to say goodbye to you.” Looking between my parents, more tears were flowing down my cheeks while remembering the worst day of my life.

        “And we’ve missed you, but you have turned into a wonderful young man,” my father said while smiling down at me.

        “And that Leo, boy is he a looker,” my mom said while wiggling her eyebrows.

        “Mom!” Feeling my cheeks get hot, I simply rolled my eyes before sitting back down onto the warm sand. “So you guys aren’t mad that I’m in love with another man?”

        They looked between each other with small smiles onto their faces. “Why would we be?” My dad asked while my mom said,

        “Of course not! I’m really happy that you found someone who you love, and who loves you just as much.”

        Looking down at my hands I sighed while saying, “But the police think that I shot him, all because of that stupid Emilio. Why would I do something like that to Leo? I’m never going to get out of this cell.”

        “Don’t give up quite yet son, you never know when something wonderful is about to happen.” Glancing up at them I smiled while saying,