Chapter-03: Practice with Queens of the Seas

Battleship training range

As the heavy hitters of Yokosuka do their daily practice session which is being headed by two prominent battleships for the Japanese would be the Legendary Pre-Dreadnought battleship Mikasa being assigned in teaching the battleships on fleet operations and battle line tactics while for the Americans are being schooled by the training battleship USS Utah BB-31, As the others practice Maryland, Arizona, and Sodak entered the training range for battleships has garnered the attention of the other battleships primarily the members of Battleship row but the USN's fast battleships were equally interested at the sight of the new ship girl among them.

Maryland joins her sister West Virginia on the side and then Arizona then spoke up.

Arizona: Alright everyone that is a American ship girl huddle up! she barked, Okay i want you all to meet the newest member of the fleet, go on introduce yourself and don't be shy were all battleships here.

Sodak: Hello everyone USS South Dakota BB-49 here ready to serve with you all i hope we can get along together she said with a slight shade of red on her face and a smile.

West Virginia: South Dakota as in our supposedly to be successors?

Sodak: Yes the class of Super Dreadnoughts that's suppose to surpass the Colorado class and the pinnacle of the standard type battleships.

West Virginia: Well i'm glad to have you back little cousin as she ruffles Sodaks greyish silver hair.

Pennsylvania: Well its great to have you with us uhm forgive me for asking but how should we call you since you have someone else here has the same name as you *she points to South Dakota BB-57*

Sodak: Well its easy to be honest but what do you guys call her?

Nevada: Well me and Okie here just call her South for simplicity.

Arizona: Well me and Pennsy and the Tennessee sisters just call her South Dakota in all as well as other American ship girls but some also calls her Battleship X

Sodak: I see well then call Dakota or shorten my name to Sodak for simple reasons and please no need to be formal with me all the time, just show me respect and i'll gladly return it.

At that the American ship girls just nodded and then Admiral Roberts along with Langley arrived at the Practice range.

Pennsylvania then noticed the Admiral and shouted "Admiral on deck!"

As the rest of the American ship girls stood and attention and saluted the admiral as he returns it.  

Adm Roberts: At ease ladies i just came here to see how would our new dreadnought would fair on water and practice which you can i assume?

Sodak: Not at all admiral just give me a second to summon my equipment and rigging if you would.

As she stood near the waters edge she summons her rigging her main battery turrets were split in to two pairs on each side there would be a super firing pairs over the other forming her main battery of 12 x 16 inch (406 mm) main battery on both of her arms forms miniature twin mounted 5 inch (127 mm) 38 cal Dual Purpose cannons and on her waist and on her shoulders sits her Anti aircraft suites which comprises of the quad 40 mm Bofors and the twin and single mounted 20 mm Oerlikon auto cannons, as well below her arm is a catapult system that she could use to launch her OS2U Kingfisher scout plane as the AA mountings would be manned by her fairy crew, on her head she wears her Range finders, Gun directors, and finally her Radar.

As she now adorn her full rigging the others are impressed by the standards array of weapons radar and gun directors.

Adm Roberts: I have to say you look in your full rigging is very impressive array of weapons as well as i can see it, it would be your configuration in 1944 if you were built and by that time and refitted.