XII

"Coco you ready to talk to me?" I asked Rai still rubbing her back

"Coco you ready to talk to me?" I asked Rai still rubbing her back. I don't know but I had finally somehow got her to stop crying, got her to take a deep breath and relax. I ain't never seen my Coco like this and I don't like it at all.

"yeah" she said laying her head on my shoulder. "It's my dad. He just doesn't care anymore" She added with her voice breaking

"That's not true Rai. Ya pops loves you" I said trying to keep her calm, of course that didn't help because she started crying in my shirt again. Whatever happened with her & her pops gotta be serious cause I ain't never seen her like this. I don't think any of us have to be honest.

"Coco it's your birthday. It's all about you, please stop crying" I said trying to calm her down "he forgot cece" she said sniffing "he fucking forgot because I'm not Myliyah!"

"he forgot what?"

"my birthday! He promised me he was going to make it up like he was supposed to months ago! and you know what he's doing? He's going to fucking Miami because it's uncle Vic's birthday too." She said sitting up and wiping her tears. "It's so fucking sad because this isn't the first time he's ditched me but to forget my birthday is just beyond disrespectful! But he made sure to cash out for Liyah's birthday & always spend time with Liyah but when Rai wants to hang out, I never get to cause I get thrown in the back burner! It's not fucking fair Cece"

I don't like this at all, how the fuck do you forget your FIRST BORN'S BIRTHDAY?! I ain't never heard no crazy ass shit like that. He know he ain't right for that & he ain't been right. Ever since that man been home, Coco been blowing us off for him just for him to cancel on her, I can see it happening once or even twice but this shit been happening constantly. I personally fuck with dude as a football player but he's trash as a father, there is no excuse on why you forgot your own child's birthday that's some bullshit and he knows too!

i'm not gon sit up here and act i'm perfect cause I know I'm not but I ain't never forgot no birthday, especially someone's birthday who mean something to me. I just don't get it, dude was barely in Rai's life before due to him being on some disrespectful shit towards Mama Lyric then he gets locked up! No matter how many times she seen you behind bars she don't know him like that, all she know is the stories her family told her and whatever he told her, but still as a dad your child should always come first. But that's not my business cause Devon ain't been around since birth.

"Damn Coco, I'm sorry. That's some fucked up shit. Wanna go beat him up?"

"No" she said wiping her face "It's not your fault. I'm probably just overreacting because I should have plenty of time to replan "dates" with him since he's home for good right?" She asked me

"nah fuck that, it's your fuckin birthday and you barely have any memories with him, he's foul for that honestly, truly. and if we being honest, Liyah foul too. I know she loves y'all dad just as much as you but he's been there for her since birth, you didn't know he was ya pops until you was like 5 or 6 right?"