two.

It was finally the end of the week. We had made sixteen sales so far and Elora and I were ecstatic. We collected around eight hundred and fifteen dollars which was really exciting, we split it obviously. It was just overall such a good week.

"Hey, Elora! White flowers and pink background or pink flowers and white background!" I said loud enough for Elora to hear from the bathroom.

I've been wanting to fix up our website for a while now and today I finally got the chance to do it. I just couldn't choose between the different colours of flowers.

"WHAT?" She shouted back and I laughed to myself.

"WHITE FLOWERS AND PINK BACKGROUND OR PINK FLOWERS AND WHITE BACKGROUND FOR THE WEBSITE?" I shouted again as I heard the toilet flush. 

"I suggest pink flowers with a white background."

My eyes shot up to the curly haired man before me and I laughed. "You have a new pair of sunglasses this time."

"And a new hat, did you even notice?" He placed his hand on his chest in fake pain and I giggled.

"Mm, hard not to notice." And that was when I'd noticed the cameras outside. "That's weird" I made a face at the men outside that were trying to get a picture of fedora guy?

"Sorry about tha'." He apologized quickly.

"It's like you're famous or something." I laughed to myself at the thought and he did as well. "Oh guess what?"

"Hmm, what?" He hummed.

"I took your advice, and not only are we charging for regular cards but also special holiday cards. We have birthday cards, wedding cards, anything you can think of." I said excitedly and watched as he grinned and that was when I noticed he'd shaved his moustache. The sort-of beard was still there though.

"Wow that's amazing! It's my sister's birthday in two weeks so I'll definitely come by and grab her some lily's and a birthday card." He said and I nodded with a grin.

"Oh I'm so sorry. I'm over here blabbing on, um what can I help you with?" I asked, embarrassed at how much I had blabbed on and on and he frowned.

"Not a problem, I'm in no rush." He said and I tucked my lips between my teeth with a nod. "I think I left my credit card here the other day, did anyone happen to find it?"

"Uh I don't think so no, let me ask my coworker." He nodded as I got up off my seat behind the cash register and walked off to the back area where I found Elora eating her lunch now.

"Hey did you find a credit card anywhere?" I asked Elora who shook her head no with a mouth full of pasta.

"Nope." She mumbled and I cringed at the pasta sauce on her chin. "Oh sorry." She laughed before she wiped her chin and swallowed her food. "No I didn't, why?"

"A customers here and he said he lost his credit card. I'll go tell him we don't have it." She nodded and I walked back to the front where the man stood and the men with the cameras were still outside. Some had left but there were still a couple.

"The fuck is their problem?" I muttered under my breath before walking back around the counter where my chair is but I didn't sit down. I'd been sitting all day and my ass was starting to hurt. The man gave me an awkward smile.

"Um, sorry but we haven't found any credit card. If you give me your number I can call you if it turns up?"

"Oh that won't be necessary, I actually just found it in my wallet so, I'm sorry for the trouble." He apologized as he held up the card with a shaky laugh.

"Oh it was no trouble, I'm glad you found it." I grinned politely. "Can I help you with anything else or," I cleared my throat awkwardly as I shifted my weight onto my hip and played with the small ring on my right pinky finger.

"Can I get twelve roses please?" He asked politely and I nodded.

"Would you like a card with that? They're two dollars fifty each." I giggled quietly as he smirked.

"Of course I'd like a card. Can I just get a plain one please?" I nodded and got him out a plain white card and a blue pen before walking over to the roses and picking him a bundle of twelve.

"Here you go." I walked back over to the cash to hand him the roses and ring it up. "That'll be fifty dollars sixty cents please."

I rang up his card on the machine after handing him his roses and him giving me my pen back. I gave him card back and he slipped it into his wallet.

"Thank you, love." He smirked before placing the roses down on the counter along with the card and walking away.

"Sir, your flowers!"

"They' yours, pumpkin." And with that, he was gone.

What a weirdo.

A few moments after, I watched as a group of young squealing girls walked in and went straight to the sunflowers and I smiled.

"Can we get all of them please?" They asked with the biggest smiles on their faces and I nodded.

I unlocked the door to my apartment with one hand, the other holding the roses that fedora guy gave me. I finally got it open and I walked inside before closing it behind me and setting my keys, phone, and the flowers on the table and I couldn't help but smile.

I made a thousand dollars today.

I don't know what happened but after those people with the cameras left, more and more people, younger girls specifically, just kept walking in and buying a bunch of flowers. It was an amazing day, if you ask me.

My eyes found the card on the table next to the roses and I let my curiosity get the best of me as I picked it up and ripped the envelope open before opening the card up.

I ENJOYED TALKING TO YOU
TODAY, PRETTY GIRL.
X

I tucked my lips between my teeth to suppress my smile as I closed the card and placed it back down on the table before I walked into my washroom to brush my teeth and wash my face.

Today was a good day.