X | Give Me Guidance

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐄

10 | "give me guidance."

ℵ

   TODAY, WAS JOB hunting day and Martha already knew it wouldn't be easy. She didn't have a college degree and spent majority of her free time slaving away on an off Broadway show. Her biggest asset was her agility and flexibility... and any job needing that skill set was far too inappropriate for a young pregnant woman.

   Martha spent the day closer in the town of Forks. She went in for spontaneous interviews at local shops and new paper printers. To sum up her day, she got a whole lot more grinning faces than job offers. Nevertheless, she preserved.

   There had to be a job somewhere that appreciated her skill set; however, in such a small town, there were very few options. The townspeople never really created new businesses outside of the hand-me-down shops their forefathers once owned. Nepotism was the name of the game here.

   No connections? It was unlikely you'll find a place that wasn't already assigned to you at birth.

   Taking a break from job hunting, she decided to do something counterintuitive: spend money. Her quick moving feet brought her to the line of shops that she was already turned down for a position. It was sort of embarrassing going back in, but they couldn't stop her from stress spending. Shopping was the best remedy other than dancer, for her. And since, at the moment, she didn't have a space to move freely with her body, she chose the former.

   Martha opened the shining glass door and stepped inside. Her feet automatically guided her straight towards the day dresses. She enjoyed simplistic; yet, feminine, chic styles. Martha was too lazy to put on five articles of clothing to look good. She mostly wore leotards and flimsy bras underneath her outfits. Throwing on a beautiful dress that sat at the middle of her thighs, was easy and quick for a dancer on the go. 

   Now, she needed coats and jeans. It was annoying, the winter months. Especially when Washington could get so cold and rainy. She missed California during this specific time.

   "Excuse me," A voice resembling that of a wind chime, spoke behind her.

   Martha turned from the rack she was browsing through and paused. Her brown eyes took in a magnificent beauty. They stood at the same five foot, five height. The teens hair was a dark brown, spikey and flipped in a multitude of directions. She thought it perfectly suited the girl's diamond shaped face. Martha took note of her unusual golden eyes and pale skin.

   There was something she couldn't put her finger on that was abnormal about this girl. Nothing that she could physically spot by looking at her. However, the teen just seemed too beautiful, too pristine and doll like. She felt a shiver go down her spine, but chose to ignore it.